Saturday, January 13, 2018

Friday, January 12, 2018

Wow.  Last night I fell asleep quickly and didn’t awaken until 7:15.  I got up because I know Teresa wants to go to the Claro office this morning to sign up for a monthly plan.  That should be less expensive than the 150,000+ pesos I’ve been paying each month.  The only challenge is that right now she’s still got 57,000 on her phone and we don’t want to lose that.

I had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios – long time, no taste.  Teresa considers it a children’s cereal but I told her I’ve been eating it my whole life – well, at least since it was created.  She was very surprised to find we have this cereal in the States – I convinced her it’s Made in America by demonstrating she can’t even pronounce Cheerios.

On the TV news, people were being interviewed that have been inconvenienced by the closure of the road between Medellin and Manizales.  I wonder how long it will take for that to reopen.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see The Commuter (6.5).
Locally, I would like to see The Commuter (6.5) playing in Santafe at 2:20pm, 4:45pm, and 7:15pm and Downsizing (5.8) playing in Mayorca at 4:20pm.  I was thinking of going tonight, but as you will see (actually read) I didn’t get the opportunity.

Teresa and I left the apt and arrived at Claro just as it was opening at 9am.  (On the way I pointed out an apartment for rent.)  We were given a small flyer and I think we can get her unlimited minutes for 92,900 a month but first I think we’re going to wait for her to use up the minutes she has.  When we return to Claro I think I’ll check and see how much it would cost me to have some data plan on my cellphone.

Back at the apt Teresa soon left for an exercise class at the gym.  I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and then I left for the gym.

I found Teresa sitting at the gym’s new health bar just outside the entrance.  She said she just tasted their healthy pancakes and showed me the package for 35,000 pesos.  She also informed me that I don’t have to buy special protein powder for her anymore – she’ll just share mine.

I did most of my exercises in an hour and 15 minutes.  I skipped the exercise cycle today and the hip adductor/abductor machine.  (I saw an older man wearing a Chicago Blackhawks cap.)

Back at the apt I was surprised to see Esmeralda who introduced me to her 30-year old son Alejandro who speaks a little English.  They all spent some time looking at flights and finally settled on a Viva Colombia flight that leaves Rionegro at 7am on the 23rd and returns at 7:40pm on the 29th.  They aren’t sure how long it will take to get Laura’s birth certificate (plus Teresa deserves a little vacation).  Teresa’s share of the cost is 496,000 plus a 105,000 San Andres entrance fee.  Esmeralda put it on her credit card and I gave her cash.  (I also learned – supposedly a one way fare is exactly half the price of a round trip – or they are just mistaken.)  I understand Teresa is just going to take a large carryon bag.

We ordered 2 full chickens from Frisby for 105,000 pesos which we all shared for lunch.  Afterward I gave Alejandro a couple free chess lessons.

They left about 6:30.

For dinner I made (actually Teresa made, but the idea was mine) a meatloaf sandwich.  I found the “recipe” online – Teresa warmed a slice in a skillet and I toasted a couple slices of bread, added mustard, tomatoes and lettuce.  I was surprised how good it was.

By 9:30pm Teresa informed me she was all packed for her trip.  Lol.


T-shirt of the day: I didn’t do it.  But if I did I was drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment