Sunday, January 7, 2018

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Last night I fell asleep quickly and didn’t awaken until 6am.  I did recall Teresa getting up when we heard what sounded like a crazy or drunk man outside.  In the morning she informed me she called the police on him.

We left the apt at 9:30 and quickly caught a taxi to Mayorista.  I helped Teresa find a few things to add to the shopping cart.  She’s finally going to make meat loaf for me – soon.  One of the ingredients we were looking for was dried sage leaves.  In Spanish I see it’s called salvia.  I looked over quite a few packages and bottles of “condiments” with no luck.

I thought Worcestershire sauce would be a problem but she found that quickly.

I picked up a real lemon (not the limes that they refer to as lemons here) in which to use with my iced tea.

Soon I headed across the street for coffee.  As soon as I sat down I realized I was facing a store that sold lots of imported condiments (because most of the labels were in English and of a familiar brand – Badia).  I went inside and found a bottle of ground sage for 6mil – not exactly what we were looking for but it’s close.

Teresa also bought ground beef for the meat loaf and I understand she will make it tomorrow or early next week.

While waiting for her in the butcher area I was seated between two men who I think were father and grandfather.  Teresa talked to them for a minute and they directed my attention to 4 bottles of Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice they had in their cart.  I told them it’s very popular for Thanksgiving in the US but usually while it’s still a berry not as a juice.

Outside we were directed to a minivan to carry our things back to the apt.  Teresa talked to him and he gave us a business card.  His name is Juan Carlos, his number is 300 832 4483 and I understand he could drive us to Manizales during our vacation.  With 1 seat in front, 3 seats behind with lots of storage in back for suitcases it might be a more comfortable way to travel.

The Colombian Peso closed for the week at 2,905 to the US Dollar.

Thinking that lemon juice would last longer than a lemon I got out the old strawberry preserve jar and asked Teresa to squeeze the juice into the jar.  She corrected my thinking after I confirmed it with a Google search, but what I found is that I could put the juice in ice cube trays and save it by freezing it.  We’ll see how that works.

I watched NFL football for the remainder of the day.

We went to bed at 11:30.


T-shirt of the day: Don’t give up too fast – but sometimes it’s smarter to step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment