Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

I didn’t sleep particularly well last night.  Besides getting up several times during the night it seemed like it took me quite a long time to fall asleep.  Hmm, maybe that Coke I had with my empanadas?

I left the apt at 8:45am, quickly caught a bus and met Jose at the chess league at 9:45.  We played 2 games, each winning with the white pieces.

Jose wanted something different for lunch today – other than steak – pizza or a hamburger.  We walked over to Piccolo’s where, at his suggestion, we got their meat pizza which included bacon, ham, salami, and some kind of meat I wasn’t familiar with.  It was tasty though.

We walked back to the chess league and played 2 more games, Jose winning both.  I told him I would probably start studying chess again when I get tired of losing.  A man stopped by and gave each of us a business card.  He sells chess clocks; name: Eduardo Miranda, cell: 310 509 6950; email: Eduardo.Mir@Hotmail.Es.
We said goodbye and I walked over to The Town Barbershop where I got a haircut for 12,000 pesos.

I walked to the Floresta station where I caught the metro back to Envigado.  On the way a group of 5 youngsters got on the metro.  It’s the first time I remember seeing a blind person’s eyes without sunglasses.  Their eyeballs are all clouded over.

I waited in line for about 10 minutes to make a withdrawal from Servibanca.

Teresa left the apt about 7:30 and met Esmeralda downstairs.

Laura left for the gym about 8pm and came back at 9:30.

I went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Say what you mean to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment