Thursday, January 25, 2018

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Last night I fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 5am.  It took me a long time to fall back asleep (2 hrs?) and I finally woke/got up at 9am.

I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show and left for the gym.  I saw Jose, the trainer, at the gym for the first time this year.  I saw Jose, my friend, and he gave me 2 free certificates for drinks at Starbucks.  He saw the movie The Shape of Water and I told him I’m going to see it this afternoon.

Laura and I left the apt at 1pm and found Deli Hoy still closed so we had lunch at La Bahia again.  She brought me over to the Terminal South mall where she picked up something (a blouse?) from someone at the barber shop and then dropped it off at Wilson’s Bar.

We walked a couple blocks to a bus stop where we quickly caught a bus.  I knew where to get off but I missed the spot and we had to walk a couple blocks and then we went up the hill to Oviedo.  We got there plenty early so we stopped first at Popsy and had ice cream cones for 10,000 pesos ($3.50).  There weren’t any good general seats left so I bought 2 preferred seating tickets for 18,000 pesos ($6).  I bought a small popcorn and large soda for another 15,000 ($5).  There were at least 30 other people in the theater, I guess because this is a popular movie.  Uh-oh, I didn’t realize there was going to be some nudity in the movie.  Outside the theater, the marque showed The Commuter and I told Laura it was good.  Maybe we’ll come back on the weekend and see it (2nd time for me).

Outside the mall we quickly caught a bus back to the apartment.

Teresa called me a couple times – everything is okay on their end.  Tomorrow she will go to the office and start the process of getting Laura’s birth certificate.  And then probably hit the beach.

Laura left for the gym at 7:30 and returned at 10pm.  Wow, that was a long workout.

I went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Wake me when I’m rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment