Saturday, January 27, 2018

Friday, January 26, 2018

I fell asleep quickly but woke up at 5am.  For a change, I got up at 5:45 and posted my blog entry for yesterday.

I left the apt at 7am, walked over to Carbon de Leña where I had a breakfast of rice, beans, scrambled eggs and a café con leche for a total of 8,500 pesos ($3).

On my way back I picked up a free adn newspaper, a free Gente newspaper and bought a Q’Hubo with the Condorito inside for Chuck.

I stopped in Exito just as they were opening (8am) and bought some much needed toothpaste.

We left the apt at 1:30 and walked down to La Bahia where we had a nice lunch.  We walked a few blocks to a bus stop where we caught a bus that goes down Avenida Las Vegas.  This time we got off less than a block from the hill we needed to walk up to get to Oviedo mall.

I bought 2 general seating tickets to The Commuter for 30,000 pesos (about $10) and a medium popcorn and large soda for another 18,000 pesos ($6).

Laura really enjoyed the action filled movie.  As we were walking out I saw that The Post is coming soon; I want to see that.
Outside the mall there was quite a crowd waiting to catch buses.  I said to Laura, “if we were smart we would walk back a block or two so we could get on the bus first and maybe even get a seat”.  She said “let’s do it”.

About 3 blocks away we still hadn’t seen a Sabaneta bus come by although we saw several Envigado buses.  Soon we had a few Sabaneta buses pass us that were completely full.  Finally, we got a bus with standing room only although as soon as we got to Oviedo someone right in front of me got off and I got her seat.

I watched another 2 episodes of The Walking Dead on Direct TV.
Laura left the apt for about 45 minutes to get her nails done.  She she returned she called Frisby and ordered ranch burritos for each of us.

Opening today in the USA I would like to see Hostiles (7.2).

Locally, there isn’t anything else I want to see.

As usual I went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Holy cow.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know of any expat blog about Cali that is no CaliAdventurer? Cali needs a blog like yours. You could suggest to an expat living in Cali to start writing one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I replied to your original post in another way but anyway, I don't know anyone in Cali but Medellin Guru probably has a Cali vs Medellin comparison but if they don't i'm sure they soon will so just keep on watching their site - medellinguru.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I received an email through my gmail account and answered that. Then I responded here again from my blog.

      Delete