Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Monday, November 27, 2017

I slept well despite getting up twice during the night and it taking me about an hour to fall back asleep at the 3am arising.

The 2 streets (Calle 37 Sur & Calle 37 Sur) on both sides of the park are open to traffic today.

At the gym I did my usual exercises in about 90 minutes.  At one point I saw Andres was wearing a t-shirt that said “unkind”.  I asked him if he knew what that meant and he said he thought it was a brand name.  I told him “no”, in Spanish it means “no amable”.  Jose told me we have to go see the movie Coco.  I told him I’m trying to get Teresa to go see it but she says it’s for kids.

A t-shirt I saw on a girl at the gym today:
En la vida.  En la cama.  En la gym.  Dile duro.
For non-Spanish readers, I think it means:
In life, in bed, in the gym, do it hard.

I understand Teresa is trying to get in touch with someone to see if it’s possible to have Laura’s birth certificate mailed to her.  This is when I found out Laura doesn’t go back to school until January 20th.  No wonder it takes them 5 years to graduate.

I understand Laura called and her boss sent her home today (first day at work) because of her rash.  Teresa’s trying to find a dermatologist who will see her today, not in 2 weeks.

Laura called and I understand her friend Cindy got her an appointment in Caldas so I guess she’s headed there.

About 2:15 it started raining and didn’t stop until 5pm.

Teresa tells me she’s going to go to Mayorca later with Esmeralda to shop for a Christmas tree (for her) but first she wants to know what’s going on with Laura.

I ordered a birthday present for my daughter.  It’s supposed to ship in the next 3-5 days but I’m hoping it will be sooner.

Teresa invited me to join them to go to Mayorca but I declined because I was watching an interesting movie about Winston Churchill.  The movie ended just before Esmeralda arrived so I changed clothes and went with them.

Emeralda has an old car and she drove us to the mall.  Laura met us there and I learned she has hives and needs to have 2 shots.  They can’t do it at the pharmacy in the mall.  Teresa and Esmeralda went off shopping while Laura and I went to La Lolita where I had a tinto.  I learned that Laura has hives.

Here’s the Christmas Tree in Mayorca.


When Teresa and Esmeralda rejoined us we went up a couple more levels where we had dinner at Parmessano.  It cost me about 150,000 pesos – imagine 4 people having dinner with drinks (mostly fresh juice) back in the States for $50.

Back in Envigado Laura and I stopped at a pharmacy where she got 2 shots in her behind.  So she told me, I didn’t witness it myself.  Lol.

I watched a little Monday Night Football and went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Still in Beta.

No comments:

Post a Comment