Monday, November 13, 2017

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Happy Veterans Day!  Thanks to all of you who served.

I felt I slept well despite getting up once or twice during the night, finally walking at 7:30 and getting up at 8:30.

I had Teresa call Nohelia and make an appointment with Diana for a manicure and pedicure.

I was there exactly at 9:30 for my appointment.  I took off my shoes and socks and put my feet in a small pail of warm water.  She cut the pinky nail on my left hand with a large clipper and asked if it was short enough.  I told her to cut it just a tad shorter.  Then she started with the ring finger and cut my finger instead of the nail.  After she put some liquid on it several times along with a piece of cotton, I said “no more”, put on my socks and shoes and left.  If she’s so unprofessional not to know the difference between my skin and my nail then I’m not going to be her client.  I guess it’s easier to cut my own nails from now on.

Well, I guess I misinterpreted the information about the road closures.  I understand now that the traffic for Calle 37Sur and Calle 38Sur are closed off for the hill leading up and down so now lots of that traffic is coming down our street.

At 11:15 a young man showed up to fix our Direct TV outage.  Laura showed him how to get to the roof and when he came back I understood he couldn’t do anything now because he doesn’t have a ladder with him.  I believe he’s supposed to come back later with a truck.

We got a phone call and I understand Direct TV isn’t returning until Tuesday.

I left the apt at 3:30 to return the books (actually booklets) I checked out with Laura 2 weeks ago and then buy another bottle of Bi-Pro protein powder by Exito.


This time I wasn’t stopped by the guard as I entered the library.  I went up to the 2nd floor to where Laura told me to return the books.  The lady there motioned towards the back but I wasn’t sure where to go so she took me all the way to the other side where I was helped by another young lady. 

She asked me for my cedula (Colombia ID number) and I told her.  She asked me if I was the one who checked out the books.  I thought for a second and then remembered that we used Laura’s cedula to check out the books.  I said Laura Alzata and she looked something up and asked me if it is Laura Maria Alzate.  I said I think so.  She asked me for her cedula but I told her I didn’t know it.  She asked me for her cell phone number so I gave her Teresa’s.  She asked me if this was Laura’s cell phone and I told her it’s Laura’s mother’s cell phone number.

I asked her why this was so difficult and she directed my attention to a sign behind me that stated that their computer system wasn’t working.

That was it; she finally accepted them.  So, in the end she has Laura’s name, my cedula number and Teresa’s cell phone number.

I walked over to Exito where I bought a container of BiPro protein powder for 89mil.  Again, she asked me for my name, cedula number, and telephone number but this time I understood it was for points of some type.

I was back at the apt by 4:30.

While in the library I picked up a little booklet – Envigado Cultural Agenda for November.  I see now that the building a block away is the Miguel Uribe Restrepo Cultural Center and they occasionally show movies.  For example, tonight at 6:30pm they are showing 8 ½ and on the 25th they are showing Lolita.  I guess it would be in Spanish, right?  It’s been very overcast if not rainy here almost every day over the last few weeks.  La Niña?

The Colombian Peso closed at 3,007 to the US Dollar.

We left the apt at 8pm the ladies were very hungry so we caught a taxi that took us to La Mesa (restaurant area) of Envigado for the minimum fare of 5mil.  Teresa was looking forward again to the fish at the Mexican resaurant Tepito.  I took control and ordered nachos for each of us to share.  I was a little surprised that no one ordered their entrée right away as is the Colombian custom.
I had a limonada de coco, Teresa had a tropical fruit and Laura had a beer.  I thought the taste of my coconut lemonade was a little off like the glass was rinsed in something else.  Not sure what exactly was different.  The nachos came as a do-it-yourself project with the ingredients on the side but everyone enjoyed them.  Teresa ordered her fish, I my chicken fajitas and Laura a mixed burrito.  Everyone took their time, enjoying the environment and their food and the total came to 150,669 ($50) including tip.

We walked back to the apt to work off the food a little and were back by about 9:30.

Back at the apt I booted up my laptop so we could watch a Netflix movie.  It said it was Configuring Windows and was at 100% so I don’t know what was taking it so long.  At 10pm I took my melatonin and sat down to read my book.  About 10:20 the Windows message changed to Doing Cleanup and that continued for 10-15 more minutes.  Finally I put the movie on – Gerald’s Game and Laura and I seemed to enjoy it but Teresa was bored or just tired.  I finally stopped the movie at 11:30, took my sleeping pills and went to bed.


T-shirt of the day: Strong women intimidate boys but excite men.

No comments:

Post a Comment