Monday, November 6, 2017

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, woke up once at 3:30, finally waking at 6:45 and getting up at 7:30.  I had a real crazy dream last night.  I almost never have (remember) dreams.

Well, I guess the US went thru their time change last night because I see the NFL games don’t start until 1pm today.

I started watching NFL Redzone starting at 1pm.

This is a bye week for my Chicago Bears.

Teresa went to give her mother some soup and when she came back we all left the apt at 3pm.  We walked down the hill where we met Wilson with MT.  We were fortunate to get a taxi that would take all 5 of us – usually the limit is 4.

We got off at Plaza Mayor and paid 29mil ($10) per person for general admission to Maridaje.  (The best translation I found for that was “pairing”.  I Googled it and found that it’s a “great gastronomic festival, a unique place where friends, food and drink gather together for 5 days”.  It started on November 2nd and tomorrow is the last day.)  Plaza Mayor is an exhibit hall like McCormick Place in Chicago.  They have 5 or 6 exhibit halls filled with food and liquor (mostly wine, lots of wine) booths.  Everyone was hungry so we didn’t take a lot of time to find something.  I had hickory smoked ribs from Fernando Costillas World Famous BBQ Smoked Ribs which included some kind of unusual drink, Laura had a burger and fries, Teresa had salmon and Wilson had solomito (beef) that looked so rare I wasn’t sure the animal wasn’t still alive.  MT had a few bites of Teresa’s salmon and rice.

After I finished my delicious ribs I went to another stall where I had seen what looked like a large almond crescent roll.  While waiting in line I also saw what looked like carrot cake but I got a small apple pie, that I tried to share with everyone else, and my first Capuccino.

Afterwards I went exploring a bit.  I noticed Uber Eats signs on some of the food booths.  I talked briefly in English with a man selling Herrs snacks like potato chips that are imported from Pennsylvania.  He lives in Laureles near the apartment I had.

We finally left about 5:30 and I suggested we come back again tomorrow.  If we do I’ll try to take some photos.

I see the headlines “26 killed in church attack in Texas’ worst mass shooting”.  I guess that’s one more sacrifice to the god of guns.

Teresa told me she doesn’t want to return to Maridaje tomorrow so I’ll probably go see Geostorm playing at El Tesoro at 3:30pm.

These are the photos I, and the narcissist queen, took today.
Taken from our table at the end of the hall.

They have Calvin and Hobbes!

And Garfield!

The princess.

Both of us - that's me on the left.

I think this might be pointing out the coffee region in our department (state).



T-shirt of the day: Laundry today or naked tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment