Friday, November 24, 2017

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, quickly fell asleep and didn’t wake up until 5am.  Wow!  I fell back asleep and Teresa woke me up at 8:10.  I wish I could sleep like that every night.

Teresa made me breakfast and then left right away for the finca.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.

One of the side streets a block from the park is still closed off and they are assembling and painting some metal support structures. 

On the other side of the park I saw 5 large police vans parked diagonally in the street. 

At the gym I did all my upper body exercises and a few lower body exercises in an hour and 15 minutes.

Walking back through the park I saw dozens of policemen milling about even the cavalry with their tall black boots, golden neckerchiefs and a smokey the bear hat.  It started raining lightly as I walked through the park.  It got heavier as I approached the apt.  Luckily, the first thing I was going to do anyway was take a shower.

At 1pm Laura said she was hungry so we caught a taxi to Papa Johns.  They had lots of advertisements for Chicago style pan pizza so we both gave it a try.  It was good but I still prefer thin crust.  We caught a taxi back to the apt.

Teresa came back at 3:30.  I understand she has to return but tomorrow we’re going for turkey dinner and then she needs to try on dresses at Vizcaya.

At 4pm I left the apt for my 5pm Urologist appointment.  Waiting to cross the street a bus stopped at the stop sign for a few seconds and a young girl leaned out the window and said “hola” (“hello”) to me.  I said “hola” back.  She said “como estas?” (“how are you?”) and I said “muy bien” (“very well”) “comos estas?” and the bus left and I crossed the street.  People sure are friendly here.  I only had to wait a few minutes to catch a taxi.  I was at the office building in 20 minutes for 10mil.

I reported to the office expecting a long wait but there wasn’t anyone waiting and the receptionist soon ushered me in.  Doctor Uribe speaks good but not great English.  First I had him approve all the medications and vitamins I’m taking, which he did.  Regarding the main reason for my visit, he told me not to worry and gave me a prescription to use over the next 60 days.

Outside I quickly caught a taxi.  Unfortunately the driver went up to Avenida Poblado and we spent at least 30 minutes in bumper to bumper traffic crawling down the Gold Mile.  Idiot, he should have taken Avenida Las Vegas.  Idiot, I should have told him to take Avenida Las Vegas.  At one point we passed a car on a flat bed truck and then the road opened up.  It took me an hour to get back to the apt for 18mil.

Laura needs a birth certificate before she can start back to college in January so someone (certainly not me) needs to go to San Andres (her birthplace) and get one for her.  We figure one day each way traveling and one day there for a total of 3 days.  Laura wants to go as sort of a mini vacation for her but she starts work on Monday and there’s just not enough time available to plan for that so Teresa will probably be going.  With my brother’s research assistance we believe she can take flight out of Rionegro for around $70 round trip.  To be continued.

I finished Michael Connelly’s The Overlook: Harry Bosch series #13 on my Nook and downloaded his The Brass Verdict: Mickey Haller #2).

I went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: First rule.  No rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment