Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Monday, November 6, 2017

Today is another holiday.

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, woke up once about 2:15, again at 5:30, finally waking up at 8:20 and getting up at 9:10.  That turned out to be pretty good timing because today’s a holiday (no hurry) and the Today show doesn’t start now until 10am.  Colombia used to be on Central time but after the US’s latest time change (turned back the clocks) we’re now the same as Eastern time.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and then left for the gym.

September 26th was the last time I did any upper body exercises.  Today I completed all of them (plus the lower body exercises) but I moved the weights down 2 settings on each machine.  So, for example, my usual 80 pounds today was 50 pounds.  I got through them all without feeling any pain in my shoulder or elbow so that was a success.  I also increased the time on the treadmill from 8 minutes to 9.  I was done in an hour and 45 minutes.

After lunch I left the apt at 2:30.  Downtown Envigado I only had to wait 5 minutes for a taxi.  The driver was pretty old and drove quite slowly.  When we were about a mile from El Tesoro mall he stopped in the street and talked to a young man at a bus stop.  The man got in the taxi and sat right behind me.  I didn’t really care for that.  The man seemed to be talking on his cellphone so I don’t know what help he would be.  When we were about a block from the mall I had to tell the driver to get in the left lane so he could make a u-turn to the mall.

I finally arrived safe and sound 30 minutes before show time.  When purchasing my ticket I asked for a general seating ticket.  On the seating chart I asked for a seat in the middle of the last row.  (Why did I do that?  I usually sit on the aisle so I can make an easy exit to the bathroom.)  I ended up with a seat in the middle of the next to last row.  I was surprised to see the theater start to fill up.

Before the main feature they had a short called “monster on wheels” where they depicted the early days of cars in Medellin, circa 1925.

Geostorm (5.7) was pretty good even though I had to excuse myself through half an aisle of people at the 40 minute mark to go to the restroom.  When I came back I just took a seat in the last row behind my regular seat.  No sense bothering all those people a second time.

When I came out I texted Laura and then met her and Teresa outside Zara.  They had been looking at clothes for about an hour but Teresa declared that everything was ugly.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

I watched some Monday Night Football.  The Detroit Lions were leading the Green Bay Packers 14-3 at halftime when it was time for me to stop looking at screens and start reading.


T-shirt of the day: You can.  End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment