Sunday, November 26, 2017

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly but was awakened at 2am by Teresa’s snoring.  I poked her and she woke up and luckily didn’t start up again.  (She’s the only person I’ve ever known to sleep with the sheet and blanket covering her head.)  I got up again at 5am, slept until 8:30 and got up at 9am.

I thought Teresa was going to return to the finca for more work this morning but she told me she’s going to wait for more summer-like weather, by that I guess she means less rain.

After breakfast I walked downtown and caught a bus to Poblado.  I stopped at the Servibanca ATM where I made a large withdrawal – almost all 20s.  I walked a few blocks to Envios Market where I picked up my new sleep mask.  Wow, that took about 7 weeks.  I quickly caught a bus back to Envigado.  

I now see that the booths set up near the park are going to be used for selling arts & crafts, food, drink and such.  Downtown I stopped at Bartolos for a café con leche.  I was soon joined by Alan who told me he will soon be changing apartments in Envigado.  Soon we were joined by Doug, the Canadian.  We all learn a lot by comparing experiences.  For example, Doug thought he could stay here as a visitor for the last 2 months of the year and then with the new year he would start a new 6-month period.  We both told him the visitor visa is only 6 months in any 12 month period so he will have used up 2 of the 6 months come the new year.  Anyway, he will still be able to apply for a Pensionado Visa, he just will have to do it a little sooner than he expected.  Doug was sharing statistics like how many miles of lighting Envigado has put up for this year’s Christmas display.  They’ve been working on it for 6 weeks now and I understand they will turn everything on tonight.

After chatting for nearly 2 hours I said goodbye and stopped at Exito where I picked up half a dozen bananas at Teresa’s request.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,978 to the US Dollar.  Either the Peso is getting stronger or the Dollar is getting weaker.

This is the view from our apt of the park behind the library.


Teresa and I left the apt at 8:30 and walked about 50 yards to the new garage restaurant Mi Casita Parilla (My little grill house).





There were vendors selling lots of food in the kiosks leading up to the park.

In the park the place was well lit up and there was a stage with a small band playing.
This was supposed to be video of the stage and band and the park but i guess a whole minute taping was too much.  The above is the are leading up to the entrance to Exito.

While Teresa stayed and listed I walked across the street where I took a few more photos.



We were there for about 90 minutes before heading back to the apt.


T-shirt of the day: Sex is money.

No comments:

Post a Comment