Thursday, November 16, 2017

Monday, November 13, 2017

Today is another holiday here.

Last night I slept well despite getting up twice during the night, finally waking up at 8:30 and getting up at 9am.  I figured I would watch the first 15 minutes of the Today show and then go to the gym.  Then I remembered we don’t have working TV and Teresa just told me they are coming out on Wednesday not Tuesday.

I understand Laura didn’t come back until 3:30am, she and her mother got into a fight and Laura spent the rest of the night sleeping on her grandmother’s couch.

I did all of my exercises in a little under 2 hours – still no pain, thankfully.  I haven’t seen Sandra in the gym for weeks and Teresa tells me that she’s been having tests because she may have liver cancer.  Yikes!

About 5pm Teresa and I walked down the hill, she went to her mother’s apartment and I continued on to Home Center.  She arrived with MT about 10 minutes later.  We checked out the Christmas decorations for 10-15 minutes or so so MT got a chance to stretch her legs.

We stopped in Exito where Teresa bought some skin cream.  While she was talking to the clerk and MT was sitting in a nearby chair I was across the aisle.  I took a look at a popcorn stand and of course the lady working there caught me.  She took out 2 kernels of each type for me to taste.  I asked her what they were and was told cheese corn, pepperoni, and sugar.  I asked her what was in one of the empty slots and was told caramel corn.  Of course!

We got MT back home and then Teresa and I watched The 100 on Netflix.

I finally got some emails from Alex in Putumayo.  He’s not only alive he has a girlfriend (40ish?) who he wants to return to marry next month.  He should be back in a few days.

I may stop adding photos as this is really slowing down my postings.  That, and since we don’t have TV to watch we’re watching movies using my laptop.  I haven’t posted anything since Friday.  I think the best thing now is to post my articles and then go backwards through my photos and add them afterwards.

Teresa says she may have a renter for the finca but of course it has to be fixed up a bit first.  She’s going to meet someone at the finca tomorrow to stay there for a while overnight.  Tomorrow I plan to go to Inter-Col in Medellin to start the process of renewing my Visa.

Teresa has been using my cell phone to make calls and now I’ve run out of minutes on my phone.  Now she can’t make any calls because no one here has minutes remaining on their phone.
Teresa is getting up early tomorrow (5am?) to meet someone in Caldas and then go on to the finca.  I understand she wants to paint part of the finca so it is more presentable for the prospective new renter.  We went to bed at 9:45.


T-shirt of the day: Bass Pro Shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment