Friday, November 24, 2017

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, got up once about 5am, woke up at 7am and got up at 7:45.

I made a stop at the ATM for a little cash, picked up a few things at the pharmacy, a few things at Exito and was back at the apt by 9:45.  (Both the pharmacy and Exito didn’t have one thing I need so I’ll have to return later.)

I watched the first 90 minutes of the Today show.

Teresa and I left the apartment at noon and were at El Viejo y El Pancake by 12:20.  They only have 3 tables but they were all available.  We had a delicious lunch of turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy with green beans, fruit salad and choice of drink for 40mil ($13.50) each.  (I have to remember to take photos of things like our plate before starting to eat but I have never been much of a photographer.)  Soon a large party arrived and they put together the remaining 2 tables.  I understood one woman was Alexi’s sister from Colorado.  Teresa enjoyed her turkey so much she asked if she could have some more.  Alexi said that they would have to charge her for another full plate so Teresa declined.  (I was a little relieved because I didn’t have a lot of cash with me.)  Another restaurant – Osea - was offering Thanksgiving dinner so maybe next year we’ll make reservations for dinner there and have lunch here.

Teresa heard there was a dress rental shop a few blocks away so we walked awhile looking for it, unsuccessfully.

We quickly caught a taxi to take us to Vizcaya mall.

Teresa spent about 2 hours trying on dresses.  She finally found one she liked and we put 50mil down on it.  I understand she is going to come back with a pair of shoes to see if they will work with the dress.

We caught a taxi heading east because I hoped the driver would be able to take one of the transversals south towards Envigado but he ended up turning around and we went down to Avenida Las Vegas and then south to Envigado.

First we stopped at the corner store and bought some milk then I walked to the pharmacy where I bought the thing that the doctor recommended and then stopped at Exito to buy eggs.  But they didn’t have the kind Teresa likes so I didn’t buy any.

I finished the paperback Pearl Harbor by Randall Wallace.  It was the basis for the movie of the same title using the same characters.  Remember Rafe, Danny, Red, Evelyn, and Betty?  Randall also wrote Braveheart which I assume was also the basis for the movie of the same name.

I went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Love this guy à.

No comments:

Post a Comment