Monday, November 6, 2017

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Last night I went to bed at 11:30, got up every 2-3 hours finally waking/getting up at 7:45. 

I understood they took MT to the hospital last night.  Doctor’s were afraid of something wrong with her liver.  They finally returned her back to her apt and Teresa got to bed at 5am.  Laura stayed in Mt’s apartment for the rest of the night.

Teresa was tired so I told her not to worry about making me breakfast.

I left about 8:15 and had breakfast at Carbon de Lena.  After placing my order the waitress informed me that they had no coffee. “What?” I said, “how can you not have coffee?”  She told me they didn’t have coffee because they didn’t have water.

Afterwards I stopped at the paper store where I had a new copy of my letter to Experian printed.  I then went to Coltrafa where I waited in line for 15 minutest to pay the epm bill.

About 10:30 I walked down the hill to Exito where I exchanged the underwear I bought.  I bought size 32 and I need size 34.  At first they told me they don’t exchange underwear but I showed them that it wasn’t worn and after 15 minutes they gave me a gift card.  I simply went back inside the store and picked up size 34 and paid for it all with the card.

On my way back to the apt I stopped at a small hardware store where I bought plastic colored thingees to put on Teresa’s keys so she can more easily keep track of what each key is for.

Teresa told me that Deli Hoy isn’t open on Saturdays.

I met Chuck at the park at 12:15.  We had coffee and after awhile I saw Ron, the black guy from Washington DC that I met at the gym, and called him over.  I hadn’t seen him in a few weeks and now I understand he has made the move permanently here and is temporarily staying with his friend Charles.  As usual he had lots of questions for me.  I was shocked to learn he’s 71 years old – I thought he was in his 40s.
Something under construction in the park.

We ended up having lunch at Carbon de Lena.

About 4:30 we had to say goodbye to Chuck as he has some final things to take care of before leaving tonight.  They have a 1pm flight out of Rionegro, followed by a 4 hour layover in Fort Lauderdale before landing in New Orleans tomorrow morning.  His wife, Darnelle, wants to live in the US but Chuck wants to live in Envigado.  But she doesn’t speak English, doesn’t drive, doesn’t have US citizenship, needs to be near a hospital, etc. so he thinks he’s convinced her to retire here.  They will put their house up for sale and he expects they will be back in February.

The Colombian Peso closed at 3,035 to the US Dollar.

I understand now that Uber Eats is a meal delivery program. 

We all watched Kidnap (6.0) using some site Laura found on the internet.

We all went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Option 1 is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment