Saturday, November 18, 2017

Friday, November 17, 2017

After my usual pre-bedtime procedures last night, I went to bed at 10:45, got up once during the night, woke at 6:30 and got up at 7:30.

I believe Teresa got up at 5am and left the apt about 6am for more work at the finca.

I had breakfast at Carbon de Leña and then did all my exercises (I skipped a few lower body exercises so as not to aggravate my hip) at the gym in an hour and 30 minutes.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Wonder (7.0).
Locally, there isn’t anything I want to see.

Laura and I had lunch at Deli Hoy – today was Bandeja Paisa day.

I went out and paid the Une bill.  This time there was no one ahead of me in line.  I stopped at the bakery and bought a blueberry muffin for 3,500 pesos ($1.15).  At Bartolos I started eating my muffin with a café con leche.  Soon I was joined by Ron and we talked for some time.  It started raining lightly right after we discussed that we hadn’t yet had our rain for today.  I told him not to get discouraged about not meeting women because he doesn’t speak Spanish.  His first priority is to get an apartment and he says that will be taken care of by the end of this month.

When we parted a couple hours later I walked over to the bookstore where I had purchased Lost City.  There was a man there this time but he let me exchange that book for the New York Times Bestseller The Patient by Michael Palmer.  I asked him how much and he basically said whatever so I said 5mil and we agreed.
I was back at the apt by 5pm.

Teresa came back at 6pm and said the finca is beautiful.  She also mentioned two very friendly large dogs that have been sleeping on the patio.  She says she feeds them when she’s there.

I finally heard from El Viejo y El Pancake – they are serving Thanksgiving dinner next Thursday beginning at 10am until the food runs out.  Teresa’s real excited – she wants to get an early seating.

Tomorrow Alex is coming over and we’re going to make a visit to the finca – my first time in a year and a half – his first time ever.
About 10pm it started raining.

I did my usual pre sleep procedures and went to bed at 10:45.


T-shirt of the day: The best time to drink coffee is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment