Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

Last night I fell asleep quickly and though I got up 3 times during the night I fell back asleep quickly finally waking/getting up at 7:45am.

Yesterday Teresa told me she lost her keys in Exito so after watching the first hour of the Today show I walked down the hill and dropped off my keys at a small hardware store to have copies made.  In the meantime I walked over to Exito looking for a large (500gm) package of granola.  They didn’t have it so I used my limited cash to buy a pair of socks and a package of underwear.  For the first time I saw a display of small Ty stuffed toys.  They didn’t look exactly like the beanie babies I remember but they were very similar.

I stopped at a Citibank ATM and got 800mil for which to help pay for the apartment rental and my health insurance tomorrow.  
Unfortunately it gave me all the cash in 20mil bills. 

I picked up my keys and walked back up to the apt.

After lunch Teresa came back I made a quick trip to the ATM.  On the way I saw a makeshift table set up with a sign that said Hot Dog’s.  I wonder what that was about.

Back at the apt Teresa told me she made a mistake – her massage appointment is for 4pm and not 2pm.  Sigh!

On the way to the park I saw the same table with hotdogs on a stick and business cards on the table that said “Hot-Dog’s Waffles”.  The hotdogs were surrounded by waffle, kind of like a corndog.

I met Chuck at the park at 1:30.  I’ve often said that if you sit here long enough someone will come by selling everything you need.  A woman came by and for 5,000 pesos took my blood pressure.  It was 110 over 86 which she said was normal.  It rained hard for about 30 minutes.  Soon Doug joined us.  We had coffee there and then a stage was set up and the music got quite loud so we moved across the street to the bakery.  I took some photos of children and adults in Halloween costume. 

This Chuck.  I was trying to get the flash to work on my cellphone.
 This is Doug the Canadian.

A lady outside city hall.
 Mickey Mouse was posing for photos outside city hall.



 Cat ladies with ghost outside city hall.

 Looking inside a small bakery where we sometimes stop for coffee and pastries





Entertainment in the park.

A dog dressed up like a nurse.







Mario and Luigi.




We moved back to the park proper and there was entertainment on the stage.  I took some more photos with my cellphone and even a little video.  Doug explained why Canadians commonly say “eh” at the end of their sentences.  He said it’s because Canada is spelled C eh N eh D eh.  Lol.  Chuck was going to show me a model apartment but he couldn’t find the building.  Lol.

Back at the apt I called Margarita Montes in Miami and Teresa talked to her for awhile about selling the finca.

About 9:15 Teresa and Laura both called for me to come to the window quickly.  Outside there were dozens of bicycle riders in some sort of a parade.

Esmeralda told Teresa that melatonin is good for sleeping so she asked for a tablet – I gave her half.

About 10:15 we heard a lot of car horns outside so we looked outside and saw a parade of cars – most decorated with what looked like spider webs.  A couple of them had teenagers hanging out of the windows.

We went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: I’m much more interesting on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment