Friday, November 3, 2017

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Well, it’s a new month – time to pay the bills.

Last night I fell asleep quickly and didn’t awaken until 5am.  I fell back asleep finally waking at 7:30 and getting up at 7:45.

Teresa left for the gym so I just had cereal for breakfast.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and then headed to the gym where I did all my lower body exercises in 55 minutes.
Back at the apt after my shower Teresa still hadn’t returned from her mother’s apt so I left her a note, went to the bank and paid for the apartment and my health insurance.

We arrived back at the apt at the same time.  She told me not to meet with Chuck today as we’re going to Vizcaya to get fitted for clothes for the wedding.

Laura told me my Isoklon refills should arrive by mail approximately next Tuesday.  I understand I no longer get 1 for 1 replacements; probably more like 1 for 2 or 1 for 3.

After lunch Teresa told me she was tired so we both took a nap.  I got up an hour later and she an hour and 30 minutes later.  After a few minutes she told me we have 6 weeks until the wedding so there’s no hurry renting clothes so I can meet with Chuck.  So just before 4pm I Whatsapp’d chuck and left the apt.  At the park I had a café con leche and took these photos of men working on putting up Christmas decorations. 


Heads up!

Chuck never showed up so I guess he was busy elsewhere.

At 5pm I walked over to a bookstore where I bought Clive Cussler’s Lost City in paperback for 9mil.  At Todo Drogas I bought my prostate medication for 116,500, a bottle of magnesium for 12,500 and a “sheet” of vitamin C with Zinc (cherry flavor) lozenges for 3,500.

I stopped at the flower shop and bought a bunch for 6mil ($2) as some of the flowers from the previous bunch are starting to die already.

Tomorrow Teresa has to go to the finca to do some more work so I gave her 300mil for supplies & labor plus another 20mil for bus fare.

I emailed Chuck with my plans for tomorrow – haircut in Estadio and lunch nearby – and invited him to join me.

I took my melatonin at 10pm and at 10:10 Teresa received a call from Wilson that their mother was sick.  We walked down to her apt and when we arrived Martha was there and a doctor was looking at her.  I understood she has been vomiting and they are trying to get that under control.  (When we were entering the building property I had noticed a car with “emi” painted on the side.)  Teresa told me it was important that I get an affiliation with “emi” so I can have a doctor come to our apartment when I am sick.)  She said it only costs something like 35mil a month.  Sounds like a good idea to me.

Teresa said she would stay with her mother overnight because Wilson needs his sleep in order to work tomorrow and she would be postponing her trip to the finca.  Laura and I left at 11:20 and when I got back to the apt I took my sleeping pills and went to bed at 11:40.


T-shirt of the day: Fire withing (sic) me.

No comments:

Post a Comment