Sunday, November 5, 2017

Friday, November 3, 2017

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly and didn’t wake up until 5:30.  I couldn’t get back to sleep so I finally got up at 7:30.  My new melatonin procedure seems to be working; I’m falling asleep quicker and sleeping sounder.  Thanks Chuck and Paul for all your advice.

Among new US movie releases there isn’t anything I want to see.  Locally, Geostorm is playing at El Tesoro in 3D at 3:25.

I wrote a letter to Experian.  Chuck heads back to the States tomorrow night and I hope he can take it with him to put in an envelope and mail to their POB in Texas.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show and headed to the gym.  I picked up a free copy of adn newspaper.  Articles included:
·       Challenges Medellin faces on its 342nd birthday.
·       A full page advertisement for the new Motorola moto g5s cellphone.
·       Anti-corruption fight over the FARC banner.
·       A full page ad for UBER eats.  (Whatever that is.)
·       Warning about risks for the coming winter.
·       Responses to flooding.
·       The most anticipated iPhone.
·       The DIM (Medellin’s 2nd football team) is out of the eight (probably lost in the quarterfinals).

Going into the gym and coming out I saw a group of people standing around blocking one of the streets.  There was a fire truck ambulance standing by but I couldn’t see what was going on.
I did all my exercises except the leg press in 55 minutes.

After lunch Teresa went for one of her massages and I made a withdrawal from the ATM and went to $efecty to pay the epm and Direct TV bills.  Inside I saw a makeshift sign that said they are not taking payments for epm or Une so I just paid the Direct TV bill.  
Walking down the street I noticed muffins in one of the bakeries.  I bought one not knowing exactly what type it was.  I met Chuck and Darnelle at the park.  We had coffee while Darnelle went to get a manicure.  Later Chuck and I went to the bakery down the street where I had café con leche with my muffin.  It turned out to be a very good blueberry muffin.  Even Chuck was impressed with how good it was.

Soon after we arrived it started raining pretty hard.  Eventually everyone that had been sitting outside ended up standing inside the bakery.  When it finally settled down (20 minutes later?) we walked over to the paper store where I had copies made of my driver’s license, passport and an epm utility bill.  I also had printed a letter I wrote to Experian detailing my particular circumstances and requesting a freeze on my account.  Chuck said he will take it with him tomorrow and mail it to Texas for me.

We’re going to meet at Bartolos tomorrow about noon or 12:30 and then go to Deli Hoy for lunch.

I stopped at Exito and bought some tomatoes and a package of sandwich bread.

Next to the corner store I thought a house was being remodeled but now I see they turned the front part of the house into a small restaurant.  Colombia, what a country!

Teresa got a call and I understand she will now be visiting the finca tomorrow at 2pm instead of early in the morning.

She got another call about 9:30.  I understand her mother is feeling poorly again so she and Laura went down to visit with her.

At 10pm I took my melatonin tablets as usual but 10 minutes later I found Cast Away on a Direct TV channel.  At 11:30 I decided that was enough and took my sleeping pills and went to bed.


T-shirt of the day: I speak fluent sarcasm.

1 comment:

  1. Kind of boring.
    I had thought of going to live in Medellin, but this description has turned me off.

    ReplyDelete