Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, I woke up once at 2:45 and again at 5:45.  The latter was due to the brakes from a semi going down the hill.  It lasted long enough for me to eventually get up, pee, take an Excedrin Migraine and look out the window where I saw the semi struggling to make a turn onto a main street.

I left the apt with Teresa at 8:15 and she headed to the gym and I to Carbon de Leña.  I ordered the usual but it didn’t seem to be the same as usual.  The beans seemed more like refried beans (old) and the arepa instead of being the usual flour was corn.

After breakfast I walked down to the library.  (On the way I could see the street down from the park was all torn up at the intersection with Avenida Poblado.  That looks like it will take weeks if not months to finish.)  A guard stopped me as I was going into the library and for some reason informed me that I have to come back at or after noon.  They sure don’t make it easy to return their books.

I walked back up to the apt and returned in time to watch the first hour of the Today show starting at 10am.

At 1:30 a guy showed up with a small package - my Isoklon refills.  There were 3 boxes so I got a 1 for 2 exchange.  Or is it a 2 for 1 exchange?

Teresa and I left the apt at 3:20, walked down the hill and caught a bus to El Poblado.  She went into Stella Duran for a massage and I went kiddy corner to a small bakery where I had a churro and a small café con leche for 2,900 pesos ($1).

After I finished I went across the street to the White House Hostel where I had a bottle of water and did some Nook reading.

When Teresa came out an hour later we quickly caught a taxi to Vizcaya mall.  In a rental store named Gloria Pelaes I got fitted with a suit jacket, tie, shirt, slacks, shoes, and cuff links for 235,000 pesos ($80).

Teresa was hungry so we went across the floor to Brasas Parrilla Bar & Grill where she had salmon, vegetable plate, and strawberry juice.  Since I was still full from the churro I had a bowl of vegetable soup and a pina colada juice.  We both shared a plate of fried yucca sticks.  The vegetable plate was huge and together we still couldn’t finish it.  The total came to 98,989 (about $33).

Outside we saw a taxi going by and I whistled and it stopped right away.  I believe Teresa doesn’t like when I do that but it does work.
The driver had a radio station on that played some American music.  I recognized Mack the Knife and told Teresa that was a song my father probably listed to in the 40s.

Close to entering the residential area of Envigado we slowed to a stop in traffic and I looked to my right and saw Nobraskja walking by.  We waved to each other.

For practice, I had the driver turn early so as to avoid the usual construction traffic jam.

Back at the apt I watched the 2nd half of the Detroit Lions 30-17 victory over the Green Bay Packers using a website my son sent to me.

I completed my usual pre-sleep procedures and went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Ittie Bittie Tittie Committee.

(This was a t-shirt I saw on a girl yesterday at El Tesoro mall.  And to answer your obvious question, yes!  Lol.)

No comments:

Post a Comment