Thursday, November 16, 2017

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

I think it rained all night.

I got up once during the night, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7:30.

The water was back on.

I was making plans to meet with Alex to give him some advice about getting married here.  We exchanged emails planning to get together. 

I did my exercises in the gym in 2 hours.

Back at the apt I ended up calling Alex and he explained that he’s got things well in hand.  He found out most of the things I was going to tell him.  He’s going to use Inter-Col to get a Union Libre and then he will also be able to get a marriage visa which only needs to be renewed every 3 years.

I was waiting for Laura to awaken from her nap so we could go to lunch when suddenly about 1:20 I realized I had a 3pm dentist appointment.  I sent her a WhatsApp message and then headed downtown.  I was waiting at the taxi stand about 5 minutes when I saw a taxi come around the corner and a woman grabbed it about 100’ before it got to me.  About 5 minutes later another taxi came by and a father with his young son tried to take it from me as they were just arriving but the driver stood up for me and I got in the front.  Sitting in the front has its advantages and disadvantages.  The advantage is that I feel safer putting on the seat belt.  (The ones in back are usually pinned behind the seats.)  The disadvantage is sometimes the driver is gabby and I have to talk to him.  Today I got the 5th degree: what do I like about Colombia, where have I visited, what food do I like, what juices do I like, etc.  And he didn’t speak English so I struggled with my limited Spanish.

There was a traffic jam because workers had a lane closed off because they were trimming trees.

At El Tesoro I ended up having Chicken Combo #2 at Frisby. 

Just walking through the mall my right hip was bothering me.  I’d better be careful with increasing my time or speed on the treadmill. 
I was about 10 minutes early for my appointment.

I got my last procedure with the dentist for 160,000 pesos ($55).
Dr. Rendon is taking his family skiing on Sugarloaf mountain (if I remember the name correctly) in North Carolina for 10 days over Christmas vacation.  Nice!

The next time I’ll see him will be in January when we return for cleanings.

I waited 40 minutes for a taxi and while waiting I saw a chicken cross the road and go into the bushes.  (Why did the chicken cross the road?  Lol.  I have no idea!)

I did get this quick shot of him.  Can you see him at the base of the pole?


Traffic was pretty heavy coming back but I was back by 6:15.

I found that Direct TV didn’t show up today so Laura called them and they promised to come out tomorrow afternoon.  Teresa is supposed to return to the finca tomorrow but she’ll delay that until Friday so she can be here for Direct TV.

I received another email from Alex with the news that he and Alba are going to get an apartment together with her 10-year old son Darwin and then get the Union Libre after 2 years living together.  (Btw, Putumayo where he will be living is a separate department (state) on Colombia’s southern border next to Ecuador.)

Teresa and I started watching a few different Netflix movies.  We start one, she says she doesn’t like it and we start another.


T-shirt of the day: Let Boys be Toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment