Thursday, November 9, 2017

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, quickly fell asleep, got up twice during the night but fell back asleep quickly each time.  I finally woke/got up at 8:15.

Medellin Guru sent me an article “Why Medellin is a Perfect Place for Digital Nomads”.

I did all my exercises at the gym in a little less than 2 hours.  Still no pain in my shoulder or elbow although I could feel the latter while I was doing the Seated Row so I’ll have to be careful with that one.

I saw on the news that a town called Corinto in Colombia suffered from an avalanche.  (I think mud, not snow.)

Laura wants to go back to El Tesoro to see a makeup presentation at 4pm.  Traffic outside the apt was horrible but I figured that was in one direction only.


This kind of traffic isn't normal but it isn't rare either.

We were all going to go but Teresa said she was too tired and sore from today’s gym class so I said I would go.

Laura and I left the apt at 2:45.  (I think she didn’t want to miss the chance to get a seat.)  Downtown we quickly got a taxi and he new the shortest route to El Tesoro so we were there by 3:15.  I found us seats in a café in sight of Naf Naf where the presentation was to be.  Laura soon moved to a bench outside the store – either she wanted to be first to get a seat when it opened or she just didn’t want to bs seen sitting with an old man.

I had a café con leche and I nursed it and read my Nook book.  She went in at 4pm.  At 4:15 I ordered another café con leche with an almond croissant.  The coffee was good but the croissant left a little to be desired.

At 5pm I left the café and sat on the bench just outside.  Laura texted me and said that it was still going on and she wanted to see the whole thing as she would get some gifts at the end.

I told her not to worry, to call me when it was over.  I moved downstairs to more comfortable seats.  It wasn’t over until 8pm!  
We then went to J&C Delicias for dinner.  We ordered surf & turf to go for Teresa.  For some reason my debit card didn’t work with their machine so I paid the 72,400 ($24) in cash.

We quickly got a taxi ride back to the apt and were back just after 9pm.

I took my pills and went to bed at 11pm.


T-shirt of the day: Don’t grow up.  It’s a trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment