Saturday, May 29, 2021

Friday, May 28, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 4:30, returned to bed at 5am, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I left the apt at 8:15 for my walk but by the time I reached Marcos’ apt there were raindrops. Marcos thought it would get worse (it didn’t) so he cancelled walking for today and I returned to the apt.

Teresa called me after her gym class and suggested we go to Pricesmart. She took a taxi and I met her downstairs. When we arrived we each had a garden salad in their food court. We picked up 639mil of groceries including a box of 2 bags of Post’s Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds. Later she tried it, declared it too sweet so it must be for children, and asked me to help her finish it. 😊

Nobraskja texted me that I have a package but I didn’t read the message until too late for it to be delivered today.

I had a 45-minute nap in the afternoon.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 2.

Of course we had a little rain in the evening.

 

Johns Hopkins’ 7-day average of new infections and deaths has the US with 23,162 ð 22,999 ð 21,980 new cases and 521 ð 596 ð 485 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 3,270,614 ð 3,294,101 ð 3,319,913 cases with 85,666 ð 86,180 ð 86,693 deaths. Medellin has 295,222 ð 296,683 ð 298,526 cases, an increase of 1,843 from May 26th to 27th. Envigado has a total of 24,304 cases, an increase of 98 from May 26th to 27th. I don’t know if I’m going to be able to provide Colombia’s statistics any longer because now Medellin Guru requires you to strain your eyes to solve one of those %&&% Captcha puzzles to prove you’re human.

 

Joke of the day

A man goes on a trip to the desert.  At one point he walks off alone and suddenly stumbles upon an old lamp. It’s old but might bring a little money so he rubs the lamp and is amazed when a genie pops out!

The genie says that he will grant the man only one wish and that he has to pick from three choices. He can either be the richest man in the world, the most popular man in the world, or the wisest man in the world.

The man says, “We all know that money does not bring happiness, and that popularity just makes you a slave to the whims of others, but wisdom is everlasting.  I want to be the wisest man in the world.”

The genie goes “poof” and suddenly the man’s face assumes a serene expression.  He sits down, rubbing his chin in thought.  He then looks toward the genie and says, “I should have taken the money”.

No comments:

Post a Comment