Thursday, May 6, 2021

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2am, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30.

Last night I finally found the remote control. As I suspected all along the recliner ate it. While in the full reclining position the remote obviously fell between the seat and the back but it didn’t hit the floor because there is a piece of material covering the back (blocking the view of the inner workings) and the remote got caught on that. Mystery solved!

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1513, my highest yet.

I left the apt just before 8am (68 degrees) for my walk. Teresa asked me to see if Smartfit in Villa Grande was open so the 3rd time I arrived at Ave Poblado I walked the block across the street and confirmed that it is open. I continued heading south and stopped briefly in Mundo Verde to see if they had Heinz relish. They didn’t but they have both large and small bottles of Heinz ketchup. I stopped in Parva and bought a loaf of pan sano before returning to the apt.

I received my prostate biopsy results in an email, consisting of 6 pages of medical jargon. I did notice the words “% tumor” and “benign” a few times. Teresa took a look at it and pointed out the word “adenocarcinoma”. (Her 2nd husband died of prostate cancer so I’m sure she’s seen lots of similar test results.) Adenocarcinoma appears to be the same word in English as Spanish. Per google, adenocarcinoma is the most common type of prostate cancer and is also called glandular prostate cancer. Teresa also found “Se solicitan estudios de inmunohistoquímica así: RACEMASA, CAPM y P63” or Immunohistochemical studies are requested as follows: RACEMASA, CAPM and P63.

Teresa called Urogine and I understand we’re going early (7am?) tomorrow to pay for further testing of my biopsy results. The sooner we pay, the sooner they will start testing, the sooner we will have the results and the sooner we can start whatever treatment I need before the problem progresses.

Heard lots of thunder in the distance mid-afternoon but no rain. Another day we didn’t come close to 80 degrees.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 4 games to 3.

 

The US has 32,498,673 ð32,539,178 ð 32,584,456 coronavirus cases with 577,300+ ð 578,000+ ð 578,800+ deaths. (It appears they are now updating the website in the morning instead of the evening.)

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,905,254 ð 2,919,805 ð 2,934,611 cases with 75,164 ð 75,627 ð 76,015 deaths. Medellin has 271,052 ð272,082 ð cases, an increase of 1,049 from May 4th to 5th. Envigado has a total of 23,092 cases, an increase of 77 from May 4th to 5th.

Joke of the day

Just before the funeral services, the undertaker came up to the very elderly widow and asked,

“How old was your husband?”

“98,” she replied, “Two years older than me.”

 “So, you're 96.” the undertaker commented.

“Hardly worth going home, is it?” opined the widow.

No comments:

Post a Comment