Monday, May 24, 2021

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:30, couldn’t fall back asleep so I just got up.

One of my readers asked, “Are you aware that if you have magic jack on your cell phone that you can use WhatsApp's app on the same cell phone and call anyone else that has WhatsApp anywhere in the world. They must have WhatsApp on their phone though. So that while magic jack only gets calls to three locations; US, Canada and I believe Mexico - WhatsApp opens the phone up to the whole world as long as you have a wifi connection.”

I’ve been using WhatsApp to occasionally call people but I wasn’t aware it had anything to do with MagicJack.

I went back to bed at 6am just as Teresa was getting up. I asked her to wake me at 7am and when she did I hit the shower, shaved, dressed and left at 8am.

I met Glenn with Bianca across from Jumbo and we quickly hailed a car. Just before they got in the back the driver said something which, in hindsight, was probably “have the dog sit on the floor”. Bianca jumped on the seat as usual and left a dirty/wet spot and the driver got angry. Words were exchanged and in the end Glenn gave him 10mil to clean the dirty spot and go away. I told him in the future he shouldn’t pick up people with dogs.

We caught the next taxi to Ganso & Castor in Ciudad de Rio. Steve was already there and we all had coffee before having breakfast. Since I had googled “Which Medellin Colombia urologist performs robot assisted prostatectomy?” and it brought up my urologist’s name I wanted to be sure it wasn’t some trick with google knowing some facts about me so I had Steve and Glenn do the same and they got the same answer. I had the Greek yogurt with fruit & granola. Glenn leave Tuesday for the US for his own scheduled surgery to repair a bladder problem he has.

Steve left then Glenn and I caught a taxi back to Envigado. They got out at the bus stop before Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I recycled a plastic bottle then had a café con leche in Santa Leña. The gates to Cine Colombia were up so I asked someone when they will open and was told June 1st. I returned to the apt via taxi.

I lost a couple points due to a 56-move draw with BrianEricMurphy then I lost a 26-move game vs Michael. My rating has now fallen to 1512.

Teresa called me at 5:30. She’s stuck in Caldas because of protesters blocking the highway. She returned at 6:30 and informed me she forgot to pick up eggs at the finca and she forgot to tell me to buy them when I was at the mall.

 

The US has 33,105,303 ð 33,123,794 ð 33,137,938 coronavirus cases with 588,800+ ð 589,300+ ð 589,500+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 3,192,050 ð 3,210,787 ð 3,232,456 cases with 83,719 ð 84,228 ð 84,724 deaths. Medellin has 290,460 ð 291,699 ð 292,941 cases, an increase of 1,241 from May 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has a total of 24,048 cases, an increase of 79 from May 22nd to 23rd.

 

Joke of the day

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut.

The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then spots an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car.

He says, 'Sir, have you been drinking?'

'Just water,' says the priest.

The trooper says, 'Then why do I smell wine?'

The priest looks at the bottle and says, 'Good Lord! He's done it again!'

No comments:

Post a Comment