Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Monday, May 10, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up at 1:15, 3:15, and 6am (probably because of the bowl of oatmeal I ate last night), finally waking/getting up just before 7am.

I left the apt at 8:15 and met Marcos outside his apt complex. We walked to downtown Envigado where I had an IRS e-file Signature Authorization page printed. I signed it and had it scanned back to my memory drive. We stopped outside Parva for coffee. I learned from Marcos that if I return to the gym on, say, May 19th then that will be my future payment date. He left and I stopped at the small grocery store where I bought 3 bags of milk before returning to my apt.

I found the 27-minute documentary Move the Sticks: 360 – Justin Fields on NFL Game Pass.

At noon its only 72 degrees.

I won a bid for a copy of Modern Chess Openings on eBay. That should help quite a bit with the opening in my correspondence games.

Teresa called me just before 1pm and I joined her for lunch at Bocados Bar. MT joined us but didn’t eat anything. I had a chicken shish-kebab with a mango juice. Teresa had 2 bowls of broccoli soup and chicharron with a glass of water.

We walked over to the mall and MT wanted to have coffee at Al Alma again so I went upstairs alone to the new Café Market. I thought I saw a peanut butter cookie but I found it’s just an oatmeal cookie with raisins. I had a café con leche with a slice of banana cake; again their cake is much drier in Colombia because it isn’t full of butter. A few minutes later they joined me; something about MT not liking their coffee. Teresa had a slice of carrot cake with a tinto. I wasn’t impressed by their coffee probably because its served in a paper cup.

About 3pm a quick storm came through.

While there I downloaded the NFL app where I found the same Justin Field documentary I saw earlier.

We left about 5pm and returned by taxi.

I ordered Frisby chicken for supper and again I had to pay for my Rappi order in cash.

 

The US has 32,713,671 ð 32,736,063 ð 32,772,514 coronavirus cases with 581,000+ ð 581,300+ ð deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,985,536 ð 3,002,758 ð 3,015,301 cases with 77,359 ð 77,854 ð 78,342 deaths. Medellin has 276,706 ð 277,877 ð 279,127      cases, an increase of 1,225 from May 9th to 10th. Envigado has a total of 23,364 cases, an increase of 30 from May 9th to 10th.

 

Joke of the day

I've sure gotten old!

I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees and fought prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts.

I have bouts with dementia and poor circulation; can hardly feel my hands and feet anymore; can't remember if I'm 89 or 98.

I’ve lost all my friends, but, thank God, I still have my driver's license.

No comments:

Post a Comment