Friday, May 14, 2021

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3am, fell back asleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Interestingly I had the impression that today is going to be warmer.

I met Glenn with Bianca at the bus stop at 8:15. We took a taxi to Calle 11 then walked 2 blocks to Las Fabrykas. This time they had chocolate eclairs and cinnamon rolls. I had a cinnamon roll with a café con leche. At 9:30 we moved a block away to Seré where I had their granola with Greek yogurt and fruit.

Glenn leaves Medellin about May 25th for 3-4 week visit to New York. He will be leaving Bianca in a dog hotel.

We left at 10:30 and quickly caught a taxi. As we were coming down Calle 10A approaching Ave. Las Vegas I heard the taxi driver say, in English, “holy shit”. I looked to my left where I saw dozens of policemen under the bridge. Behind them were a couple dozen policemen in riot gear and 5’ shields. Obviously they are preparing for another protest. We got out at Jumbo on Avenida Las Vegas. Glenn found the medicine he was looking for at Pasteur so I took a taxi alone to Viva Envigado. I recycled a plastic bottle, made an ATM withdrawal, paid the Claro bills at their office, then Une and Direct TV at Baloto.

I returned to the apt via taxi.

At 1pm it’s only 82 degrees. At 3pm it’s still only 82 degrees. I guess this will be another day where it won’t get hot.

Well, I finally may have place an order with NewInChess.com. It looks like they have my correct billing and delivery addresses. Only problem is they may try to bill me in Euros.

I uninstalled and reinstalled my Rappi app and now I think I’ve got my new debit card information entered correctly.

I spent about 2 hours in the afternoon fixing my Medellin TV app.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 5 games to 0.

Teresa wanted to order burgers but she soon changed that to our going there. We left just after 7pm and returned just before 8pm so she could see Desafio. Returning she said we should always go there instead of ordering deliveries.

I think I finally got my iFood app updated with my current debit card information. I first had to delete the old debit card before adding the new one. We’ll find out next time I order from McDonald’s.

Wow, we got through a day without any rain.

 

The US has 32,806,602 ð 32,842,140 ð 32,880,669 coronavirus cases with 582,300+ ð 583,200+ ð deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 3,031,726 ð 3,048,719 ð 3,067,879 cases with 78,771 ð 79,261 ð 79,760 deaths. Medellin has 280,440 ð 281,624 ð 282,864 cases, an increase of 1,238 from May 12th to 13th. Envigado has a total of 23,519 cases, an increase of 40 from May 12th to 13th.

 

Joke of the day

It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffee maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment