Sunday, May 16, 2021

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2am, fell back asleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 6:15am.

I did a speedtest and my internet is only 27Mbps.

I had an hour nap after breakfast.

At 11am I did another speedtest and this time I got 50Mbps.

I checked Medellin Guru and in areas with fiber optics Movistar offers speeds of 80Mbps, 100Mbps, 200Mbps, and 300Mbps.

Before lunch we made a trip to Mercado Madrid for groceries. About 8 bags cost 283,122 pesos or $76. Teresa commented on how expensive groceries have become. After I pay for them a muchacho puts them in a cart and pushes it uphill one block and one level block to our apt complex. He can’t enter so he transfers the bags to another cart that is property of the complex. I push the cart through the parking garage to our elevator. Outside our apt we take them out and put them in the dining room area. When the elevator doors opened for me to return it there was a young couple with their own shopping cart. I laughed and he said “no ganaron” (sp?) which I think means “we can’t win”.

Again I think the temperature today topped out at about 82 degrees. Lately Medellin has been living up to its motto of The City of Eternal Spring.

Aargh! I blundered another game against Michael dropping my rating to 1511.

Teresa left at 4:30 to pick up her mother and go shopping at El Tesoro. I was going to go for coffee but I looked out and saw dark clouds coming. It turned out they moved more to the south so I needn’t have worried.

On my updated Medellin TV service I located all the Chicago local stations plus CNN, ESPN, Fox Sports and NBC Sportsnet (for White Sox games), plus for Teresa I found Caracol and E!. I’m still looking for a Colombian channel called Hola that she sometimes watches then I’ll add them all to Favorites.

Teresa called me at 6pm and I met them in their taxi outside the porteria which we took to Antica Pizza. After eating my pizza I went to the restroom to wash my greasy hands. I’m sure I’ve described this before but I will again. The restroom is very small and the sink is above the toilet. The water from the sink runs right into the toilet tank. 😊 Brilliant!

It was misting slightly as we left the restaurant and took a taxi home. At 9:30 a downpour started but it turned into mere dripping by the time we went to be at 10:30.

 

The US has 32,880,669 ð 32,921,793 ð 32,950,707 coronavirus cases with 583,200+ ð 584,700+ ð 585,200+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 3,067,879 ð 3,084,460 ð 3,103,333 cases with 79,760 ð 80,250 ð 80,780 deaths. Medellin has 282,864 ð 284,011 ð 285,061 cases, an increase of 1,050 from May 14th to 15th. Envigado has a total of 23,616 cases, an increase of 55 from May 14th to 15th.

 

Joke of the day

Got caught taking a pee in the public swimming pool today.
The lifeguard shouted at me so loudly, I nearly fell in.

1 comment:

  1. Terry, I enjoy your Joke of the Day always. Today I laughed out loud. Thanks, Jack

    ReplyDelete