Monday, May 31, 2021

Sunday, May 30, 2021

Happy Mother’s Day!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:45, fell back asleep, woke up several times after that, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

I left the apt at 8:10 in 66 degrees for breakfast and ciclovia. Reviewing my blog it looks like it’s been July of 2019 since I last walked for ciclovia. It was a 20-minute walk to De Lolita in the Frontera mall. I ordered scrambled eggs and in the meantime I had a cinnamon roll with a café con leche. When the waitress brought the eggs she asked me if I wanted bread with that. I said “no” but I think next time I’ll get the bread and skip the cinnamon roll. It came to a total of 19mil.

I left at 9am and on my way I saw the “statue man” dressed in green like a soldier. I arrived at Starbucks in Poblado by 9:30. I had a medium café mocca but next time I’ll get the small. I sat outside on their patio and enjoyed the fresh air while I reviewed some chess notes. I left at 11am and on my way back stopped at a stand and bought a bouquet of 11 roses for Teresa for 50mil. The owner spoke very good English having worked in New York for many years. I returned to the apt just before noon in 76 degrees. My cotton shorts and t-shirt were a little thick so in the future if it’s a sunny day I’ll have to wear shorts & t-shirt with thinner material.

Teresa needs to go to the finca to deliver materials for the repair of the patio but she’s worried she won’t be able to return because of ongoing protests.

Teresa told me Esmeralda is coming over later and we’ll go for ice cream but she wants someplace different than Perccimon so I recommended Antonio’s Gelato. At 4pm a little rainstorm came through and the temperature dropped and now she wants to go to the Mexican restaurant Wajaca in Sao Paolo. What I found on the internet says they close on Sundays at 5pm but maybe Mother’s Day has special hours. I googled the place but couldn’t find their phone number and the only nearby location I found was in Villa Grande not Sao Paolo.

Because it turned so cold and rainy, in the end we didn’t go anywhere.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 5 games to 2.

Teresa talked to someone then informed me tomorrow she’s going to the gym, then changing her clothes in Bocados Bar before going to the finca so I’m on my own for lunch tomorrow.

I installed the new mouse and it works but it doesn’t track quite as smoothly as my previous Microsoft mouse.

I finished reading Michael Crichton’s The Lost World on my Nook.

 

Johns Hopkins’ 7-day average of new infections and deaths has the US with 21,980 ð 21,104 ð 20,055 new cases and 485 ð 457 ð 445 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 3,319,913 ð 3,363,061 ð 3,383,279 cases with 86,693 ð 87,747 ð 88,282 deaths. Medellin has 298,526 ð 302,031 ð 303,710 cases, an increase of 1,676 from May 29th to 30th. Envigado has a total of 24,546 cases, an increase of 68 from May 29th to 30th.

 

Joke of the day

It was a sunny day in Rome when the Pope decided that he wants all the Jews out of Rome. Of course, there was a huge protest from the Jewish sector so the Pope decided he will give them a chance. He invited them to send their greatest mind for a religious debate with him. If the Jewish man won, the Jews could remain living in the city. If the Pope won, the Jews had to leave.

 

At the Jewish community, they realized that they had no choice. They looked around for a champion who could defend their faith, but no one wanted to volunteer. It was too much responsibility, what if they failed? The only one willing was an old man named Moishe. Being old, he decided he had less to lose. "I've seen and done it a lot in my life. I'm not afraid." he said. He asked only for one addition to the debate. Not being used to saying very much, he asked that neither side be allowed to talk. The Pope accepted this, thinking it a wise decision and will prevent them from saying the normal things.

 

The day of the holy debate came. Moishe and the Pope sat opposite each other for several minutes, contemplating each other, before the Pope raised his hand and unfurled them to show three fingers. Moishe looked back at him and raised just one finger.

 

The Pope waved his finger in a circle around himself. Moishe pointed to the ground where he sat emphatically.

 

The Pope pulled out a wafer and a glass of wine. Moishe pulled out an apple. The Pope stood up and said, 'I give up. This man is too good. The Jews can stay!'

 

An hour later, the cardinals were all around the Pope asking him what happened. The Pope said: 'First I held up three fingers to represent the Trinity. He responded by holding up one finger to remind me that there was still one God common to both our religions. Then I waved my finger around me to show him, that God was all around us. He responded by pointing to the ground, showing that God was also right here with us. I pulled out the wine and the wafer to show that God absolves us from our sins. He pulled out an apple to remind me of original sin. He had an answer for everything. What could I do?'

 

Meanwhile, the Jewish community had crowded around Moishe, amazed that this old, almost feeble-minded man had done what all their scholars had insisted was impossible! 'What happened?' they asked. 'Well,' said Moishe, 'first he said to me that the Jews had three days to get out of here. I told him that not one of us was leaving. Then he told me that this whole city would be cleared of Jews. I let him know that we were staying right here.' 'And then?' asked a woman. 'I don't know,' Moishe shrugged. 'He took out his lunch and I took out mine.'

No comments:

Post a Comment