Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up at 3:15, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 4 and read until 4:30, still couldn’t fall asleep so I got up at 5:15.

I left the apt at 7:30 and arrived at Negocios de Camara (Chamber of Commerce) right at 8am. (I was surprised to see the Parking Nazi selling newspapers on the corner.) There were only 2 in front of me but a couple minutes later I noticed a line of about a dozen behind me. I got my 2nd shot same as before. At one point a nurse asked me some questions like do I have any allergies. She then said “ahorita”. I said I didn’t understand. Google Translate translated it to “now”. I told her I would have understood “un segundo, un minuto, pronto, or even ahora”. LOL. One strange thing is this time when the nurse showed me the bottle I didn’t see the word Pfizer on it. After a 10-minute waiting period I left at 9:15. It was a 5-10minute walk to Las Tres where I found Steve waiting for me. He had already finished breakfast so I ordered the huevos rancheros and a café con leche. Hottest coffee I remember having in Medellin. Eggs were good and I was so hungry I scarfed it down in a couple minutes. Glenn arrived with Bianca and he had their French toast which he said was a little soggy. Glenn gifted me a 10oz bag of Bachmann pretzel rods. 😊 We decided to repeat our visit from last Thursday to the same location this Thursday. I found a new bakery for us to try – Tres Trigos at Carrera 40 #10A-33. It looks like it has a large selection of pastries. Glenn questioned if it had outside seating and I had to do a little googling to confirm it does. We’re going to give it a try next Sunday since they open at 8am every day.

They left and I walked to Jumbo to check it out for the first time. Only novelty is they have a Pizza Hut inside. I looked for Heinz relish but sadly didn’t find it. I stopped at Mercado Madrid where I bought a dozen eggs and a small package of laundry detergent. I found Teresa in the porteria and on our way back to the apt we found the elevator under preventive maintenance so we had to take the stairs.

Only 78 degrees at 1pm; I love it!

I left the apt at 3:15 and had a café con leche and pastel de arequipe with a pan sano to go.

I returned to the apt by 5pm.

Teresa made an Ophthamologist appointment for me for Thursday, May 20th at 10am. I’ve been having some blurry vision in my right eye so maybe I need another laser treatment.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 3 games to 2.

 

The US has 32,736,063 ð 32,772,514 ð 32,806,602 coronavirus cases with 581,000+ ð 581,300+ ð 582,300+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 3,002,758 ð 3,015,301 ð 3,031,726 cases with 77,854 ð 78,342 ð 78,771 deaths. Medellin has 277,877 ð 279,127 ð 280,440 cases, an increase of 1,307 from May 10th to 11th. Envigado has a total of 23,423 cases, an increase of 58 from May 10th to 11th.

 

Joke of the day

I felt like my body had gotten totally out of shape, so I joined a fitness club.  I chose the aerobics class for seniors.

I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour, but by the time I got my leotards on the class was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment