Saturday, March 25, 2023

Friday, March 24, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, got up once during the night at 2:30, Teresa’s heavy breathing woke me at 5:20, couldn’t fall back asleep, finally getting up at 6:30.

Teresa notified me she’s going to the Las Vegas clinic (after the gym and coffee with a friend) to pick up her monthly medication so I’ll be on my own for lunch.

I left the apt about 9:15 and walked to the mall. I tried to pay the Tigo/Une bill in Exito but the lady said I had to go to Gana or $efecty. I had our flight information printed in Auros. I picked up a Gente newspaper and went to Urbania for coffee. After my latte I ordered another latte and an apple pie but someone had already bought the last one. I went up to Dollar City looking for a few plastic envelopes but didn’t like what I saw.

As I was returning to the first floor I ran into Chris Cajoleas. I explained my US Visitor Visa/marriage problem and he assured me it was not a problem. He and his wife also had only a Union Libre and he was able to get her a US Visitor Visa. (In fact, if a foreigner lives with a Colombiana for 2 years, you are considered married and if you leave, she has some rights.) Whew, that’s a load off my mind.

I bought a large carton of eggs (42) in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

I walked to Sao Paolo mall (20 minutes?) and had lunch in a nice restaurant named Olivenza. They had live music: a young lady playing the guitar and singing songs in English. I had pasta and a fresh mango juice and for dessert a slice of carrot cake with a latte for a total of 68,287 ($14.50).




Teresa texted me and I think we’re going to see Scream 6 at 6:30 tonight.

On my way back to the apt is stopped at a Gana kiosk in Villa Grande (a small strip mall) and paid the Tigo/Une Wi-Fi bill. I was walking past a bus stop 2 blocks from my apt when an old lady asked me something in Spanish and the only word I understood was the last one, “metro”. I told her this is a Metro bus stop and one usually comes every 5 minutes. I hadn’t even gotten a block further when a Metro bus arrived to pick her up.

Laura texted me about abuela’s lack of SS payment and I explained everything. Why can’t people just hold their horses? It hasn’t even been a month yet.

My Amazon order of salted-in-the-shell peanuts has shipped and should arrive in Florida next Tuesday.

We were planning on going to the 6:30 showtime but about 5:15 it got cold and windy and we were afraid it would soon rain.

I’ve had some problem falling asleep the past few nights so tonight I was strict with my pre-sleep routine.

 

Today I got in 8,007 steps.

 

Meanwhile in Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment