Saturday, March 11, 2023

Friday, March 10, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up once during the night. At 4:21am I felt Teresa shaking the bed. Then she screamed a bit and woke up from her nightmare. Only it wasn’t due to Teresa and it wasn’t a nightmare. We had just experienced a 3.3 tremblor for about 30 seconds that occurred east of Medellin in Santander. I finally woke/got up at 7:15. (Later, someone posted on Facebook it was a 5.9 tremblor that lasted 7 seconds.)

Teresa informed me she would go to the gym and we would go to Pricesmart right after lunch.

I left the apt at 9:15 and walked to the mall. In Auros I had my 1040 signature page printed, I signed it and had it scanned back to my USB drive.

I tried making a withdrawal at Exito’s Davivienda ATM but their system didn’t seem to be working. I picked up a Gente newspaper and went to Urbania for a latte. According to Gente, not everyone supports the new Parque Lleras being pedestrian only.

I left at 11:15, made a small ATM withdrawal upstairs with my CS debit card and paid our utility bill in Exito Wow!

Interestingly, Exito didn’t have any size of our preferred brand of eggs. Hรคagen-Dazs has returned to Exito but in limited flavors.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa informed me that Medellin (including Envigado) will be without running water tomorrow. Luckily, our building has a water tank so we shouldn’t be affected. (Later she showed me the El Colombia article on her cellphone but it’s for Sunday not tomorrow.)

Teresa is tired, probably because our sleep was interrupted last night, so we’ll be going to Pricesmart a little later.

I emailed the 1040 signed signature page to my accountant (she acknowledged receiving it) and mailed her a check.

I’ve reminded Teresa several times if she wants to go to the Greek restaurant tomorrow, she should call and make a reservation.

Now we’re going to Pricesmart on Sunday after I return from breakfast with Glenn.

Breaking News: The Chicago Bears traded the #1 pick to the Carolina Panthers for their #9 & #61 picks this year, their 2024 1st rounder, a 2025 2nd rounder, and wide receiver DJ Moore. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

For supper I ordered from Chiclayo and the food arrived faster than expected. The muchacho was from Rappi, not Chiclayo.

 

Today I got in 3,509 steps.

 

Single-Panel Comics



No comments:

Post a Comment