Friday, March 17, 2023

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:30, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:30. Teresa whispered to me that we’ll be having breakfast at home. (I guess that means she’s skipping her 7am class.)

My alarm went off at 7am but I no longer needed it.

I forgot to mention that the airfare went up $132 when I checked it last night.

New movie openings at Viva Envigado include:

To Love is to Mature

A Giant Adventure

I think they are probably Latino produced as they are in Spanish only.

Teresa left just before 9am and I left at 9:15. Finally a sunny day. I had a latte in Los Porteños while going through my phone and doing some chess puzzles. I saw separately 2 actual redheads (my opinion) with very light skin, not the dark red hair when a Colombiana dyes their hair. At one point when I was looking at Chicago Bears articles on my cellphone the Chicago Sun Times (local newspaper) asked for permission to access my location. I gave them permission, Lol.

I left at 11:30, bought tomatoes, onion, and 2 bags of milk at Ara before returning to the apt.

My cold seems to be much better today with some minor nasal congestion.

I’m up 2 pawns in the endgame against Troyclough. 😊

The massage girl, Kerry?, cancelled Teresa’s massage for today.

I ended up beating Troyclough in 28-moves, raising my rating to 1584 and lowering his to 1511. And the computer analysis commented that my play was “flawless”. 😊

About 3:45 I heard a loud “boom”. I wasn’t sure if it was thunder or a blown transformer. I texted Glenn, “did you hear that explosion”. He replied, “Just thunder. I was near Av Las Vegas when there was a bolt of lightning followed quickly by thunder. Bianca gave me a WTF look. I thought the skies were gonna open up but it cleared up a bit.”

At 5:15 the downpour started; so happy I didn’t go for coffee. Lately it seems only the morning are safe. I guess we’re back in the rainy season.

The rain finally stopped by 7pm.

I finished reading Ken Follett’s Code to Zero.

 

Today I got in 1,463 steps.

 

Regarding Adulthood



 

No comments:

Post a Comment