Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Monday, March 13, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once at 2:45, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

It started drizzling again. I’d like to go to the mall but I’m not excited about walking in the rain. Either I walk there with my large umbrella, take a Didi, or just hang around La Buena Mesa today.

Teresa left at 8:15 to take her mother to El Tesoro for a doctor’s appointment.

It was still lightly drizzling when I left the apt at 9:15 (with my large umbrella) and I walked to Parva where I had a café con leche and a pastel de arequipe. Jose texted me he won’t be able to meet me tomorrow for chess.  I left about 11:30 in just a few raindrops.

Wow, the sun came out! We’ll see how long that lasts.

I left the apt at 2:45 and walked to the mall. I went up to Cine Colombia and inquired as to which theater is playing Fall of Flight 461? I was told theater 9. I went there and this is the electronic movie poster. (I thought there is a special name for movie posters but I don’t remember what it is. I checked broadsheet but that’s for newspapers.)



I guess it makes sense, to save power, they don’t turn it on until just before showtime. I returned to the cashier and since he wasn’t busy, I explained my problem. Supposedly, the English translation is Flight but I can’t find it by that name on my Internet Movie Data Base app. He wasn’t able to help either. The only showtime, subtitled in Spanish, is at 8:10 so that doesn’t work for me.

I went to Claro where I paid our cellphone bills.

Downstairs I had a latte in Urbania. I made plans to go to Badia in Mayorista with Marcos Wednesday morning at 9:30. The waitress spoke a little English. I stayed about 90 minutes, gave the waitress 12mil and told her to keep the change (about 2,300 peso); that saves me from having to wait any line to pay. I stopped in a busy Exito looking for Heinz BBQ sauce but no luck again. (Maybe I’ll find it in the Euro market on Wednesday.) I returned to the apt by taxi just as it started sprinkling again.

After a little more googling I see the movie Flight originated in India and the original language is Hindu so that along with Spanish subtitles and playing at 8:10pm doesn’t work for me.

NFL free agency began today and the Bears made 3-year offers to Tennessee guard Nate Davis and linebackers T.J. Edwards from the Philadelphia Eagles and a 4-year deal to Tremaine Edmunds from the Buffalo Bills.

Today I got in 4,806 steps.

 

Regarding Adulthood



 

No comments:

Post a Comment