Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Monday, March 6, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

We obviously had some rain overnight.

I beat Troyclough again for 4 wins in a row; getting my rating back up into the high 1500s.

Teresa informed me we’re out of eggs and she wanted me to buy a large box of our favorite brand in Exito. I told her I’d buy a small box in Mercado Madrid and a large box in Exito tomorrow. Then she tells me were out of vanilla extract. It would be nice if she would tell me when we’re almost out of things.

Teresa left at 9am for her gym class.

I left at 10am and bought a small carton of eggs and a bottle of vanilla extract in Eduardo Madrid. Back at the apt I dropped off the groceries and walked to the Bancolombia window in La Buena Mesa. I made a copy of Maria’s complete SSA-7162 form but unfortunately the woman couldn’t find the Social Security address I had on my blue USB drive in a Word file. Maybe it’s time to throw that drive away. I had a large latte in Los Porteños. Next door is the restaurant Emmelia Gastrobar and next to that there is construction on the 2nd floor. I heard what sounded like a grinder and at one point saw large sparks fall on the sidewalk. Good thing no one was walking by at that moment. About 11:30 I returned to the apt.

I couldn’t find the word file on the blue USB drive either. I recreated the file and copied it to both my blue and my black USB drives.

I emailed my 2022 1099s to my accountant in Virginia.

Teresa and I had a 30-minute nap after lunch.

I left again about 3pm and this time the lady at the Bancolombia window was able to print the page from my blue USB drive. I bought a sleeve of 6 sesame seed bagels at Eduardo Madrid. I had a small latte in Los Porteños and left just before 5pm for Envios Market. Nobraskja asked where I bought the bagels as her husband likes them. Now I know she’s married. There was some inconsistency as to the proper zipcode for Wilkes Barre PA, what I had and what Fed-Ex had. It took a little searching to discover Fed-Ex’s address appears to be a call center so mine was correct. Nobraskja gave me an envelope (St. Jude donor request), a 2023 Medicare booklet, and a New in Chess magazine (issue 2023 #1). The envelope said my subscription is paid up through issue #8. It cost me 130mil ($27) to Fed-Ex the 2 pages to SS and they should arrive by Wednesday.

I went across the street to Otra Parte where I had a latte and started reading my magazine. I left just after 6pm. I was crossing a side street just after a taxi turned in front of me and he stopped and started moving in reverse. I yelled at him to be more careful but he wouldn’t even look at me.

I watched another episode of The West Wing.

 

Today I got in 5,010 steps.

 

Single-Panel Comics



No comments:

Post a Comment