Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Monday, April 15, 20241

Last night we went to bed at 10:30, I got up once at 4:15, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

It’s moving day! But it’s also a very overcast day.

As usual, we dropped off our towels on our chosen cabana with chairs and had breakfast in our usual buffet restaurant, Trapiche.



It started misting and I had to move my chair closer to our umbrella table. It started raining so we left about 9:30, exchanged our towels for the cards and caught the next tram to Café Capaccino. It was raining hard while we had lattes and shared a couple coconut macaroons. About 10:30 we caught the next tram back to our room.



 I took a shower while Teresa continued packing.

It's now just after 11am and while we are supposed to have a noon check-out, we’re in no hurry because our next hotel appears to be close and their check-in is at 3pm.

We completed the rest of our packing then I called the bell hop and he arrived 10 minutes later.

There was still a light drizzle as he took our 2 suitcases down to the luggage tram and I brought the carry-on and my backpack. He took us to the lobby where we quickly checked out (no line) and returned the towel cards. I was a little surprised he didn’t cut off our bracelets which meant we probably could have gone for lunch. We sat in some comfortable chairs until about 12:45 when I ordered an Uber. Luis was only 4 minutes away and I was happy to see the resort allowed him to come up to where we had our luggage otherwise we would have had to drag everything a very long block to the resort entrance. He put everything in the back and we got in his minivan.

It was only a 10-minute ride to the other hotel and only cost $11.





Our 2nd hotel, VIK Cayena Beach, is much smaller and looks a little dated. The lobby had sofas and chairs and a do-it-yourself coffee machine and I quickly found a Wi-Fi signal. I checked in at the desk and the muchacho informed me we are VIP guests. Sounds good to me. He allowed us to leave our bags there while we went to lunch. It was in the next building, a buffet restaurant with a separate building with the food and 3 adjoining buildings with tables and chairs.




The food here was more limited in choices but seemed to have more things I recognized. Teresa liked the food, loved the fish so I guess all is good. There were some desserts so I took a cookie and a cup of ice cream, strawberry and pistachio, which tasted like artificial flavors.

In a steady light drizzle we walked to the VIP Reception building (I noticed our bags inside the entrance) and we checked in. The receptionist gave us wrist bands with the word “Cayena” on them and 2 plastic cards for keys and cautioned us to keep them away from magnetic sources like our cellphones. She explained that this section of the property is for VIP guests only but we can go anywhere. She explained that one restaurant switches every night from Italian to Mexican to International. She pointed out different areas on a map she gave us but later I found the print so small and blurry it was useless. She gave us key cards for room 103 and a bellboy carried our bags there. I tipped him $2 and explained I no longer live in the US so I don’t have many US dollars.









We like our room, it’s large with 2 queen sized beds, a separate sitting area with couch, chair and mini-bar. The bathroom was nice size with 2 separate sinks. It also has A/C and it’s set to 24C which seems to be sufficient, especially since there is also a ceiling fan.

I easily connected to the internet on my laptop. 😊

Outside, we walked around a little and checked out a restaurant and the pool and beach areas.



The beach has a break wall (I think that’s what it’s called) to keep storms from eating away at the property.

Teresa found a dry spot at the pool while I returned to the room for something.

I hadn’t sat down for long when Teresa declared it had stopped raining and she wanted to go to the beach. (Now to explain we aren’t in any area with sand. There’s a grassy area with a few wicker loungers with umbrellas (now closed due to the rain) and a little side table. About 3 feet down is a short walkway and if you walk about 10 yards there are steps down to the break wall and other steps down to the beach/sand/water. We found a couple recliners in the VIP area with a little table next to them. Teresa went for a walk and was gone a little over an hour. I couldn’t get a WiFi signal so I continued reading my Kindle book. When she returned, she reported she had walked to the Princess resort. 😊

We returned to our room to get ready for supper.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1567.

We had supper in the same restaurant, El Mirador. The choices were limited but I found several things I liked and it was all delicious. 😊

We walked around and sat down by the pool for a bit (I was joined by a cat that cuddled up nearby; maybe I was in his seat) and finally about 9:30 Teresa was suddenly tired and we returned to our room.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment