Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Last night we went to bed at 10pm, I fell asleep quickly, was awakened by the alarm at 6am. Teresa tells me she can’t get up yet so I made a trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises and tried to fall back asleep. She got up at 6:30, made all sorts of noises, then cuddles up next to me and tells me to get up. She got up and I got up a minute later.

We had our usual breakfast in El Matador




then we hit the beach. Being a little late we only had a few places available with both sun for her and shade for me but we found something workable.

About 9:15 we returned to the same tienda we were at last night. Teresa chose 5 of the “coconut” purses (1 for her and the rest for family) and a neckerchief for a total of $53. I gave them $100 but they couldn’t find exact change until I gave them another $5.

Back at our beachfront Teresa bought a coconut with “meat” inside from a wandering vendor for $5. I didn’t have the exact amount but he was happy to take €5.

Teresa left to use the restroom. She didn’t return for at least 45 minutes then informed me she had a second breakfast in Elcano.

I noticed this worker trimming a palm tree.




Coconuts lying on the ground.


Teresa told me the muchacho at the store said she could exchange her too large beach cover-up (that she bought somewhere else) for a smaller size. She left and returned about 30 minutes later.

By 12:20 I’d had enough sun and returned to the room agreeing to meet Teresa for lunch at Elcano at 1pm.

I charged my phone a little, took a shower, put towels out on the patio rack to dry, changed clothes and found Teresa still at the beach. I reminded her it was 1pm and she gathered up her things and we moved to the restaurant by the pool, Elcano. She headed to the buffet right away while I saved a table. The waiter came by and dropped off menus. Teresa returned with 2 full plates while I ordered chicken tika masala and a side of rice off the menu. I also had 2 Cokes.

About 1:15 we had a shower that lasted about 15 minutes. (We had moved to the restaurant just in time.)

Teresa returned to the room while I moved our towels so they would dry better (they were almost dry already) and then returned to the room.

I had a drawish game against ONEIPAMETATO1453 until he blundered his queen on the 23rd move increasing my rating to 1574.

Today I got to page 130 in my book.

Teresa returned to the beach store and bought another beach coverup for $36.

One week remaining until the NFL Draft. 😊

For supper we went to La Trattoria for their Italian night. Teresa had fish which she loved and I had their meat lasagna which I loved. For dessert I had a slice of tiramisu.

I stopped to check out the menu for tomorrow night, International night, and it’s the same menu as Estrella del Mar, seafood. I saw something for me so we’ll probably return tomorrow night.

It was only 8:15 so we walked to the theater where a sign said tonight was the Michael Jackson show at 9:30. We took seats well in the back and the show started right on time. It started a little slow but got better. The music was too loud for me even though we were as far as possible from the speaker. The guy dancing as MJ was incredible. Not only his foot action but sometimes he would move his feet and legs but his torso would be still. We left about 10:30 before the show ended and returned to our room and I was in bed by 11pm.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment