Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Saturday, April 13, 2024

Last night we went to bed at 10pm, I got up once during the night, abruptly awakened by Teresa at 6:20.

We’re out of bottled water so we’re going to have to figure out how to get more.

Today I put on my SPF cream but I’ll still do my best to stay out of the sun.

Same as yesterday, I took my gym thermos to fill with ice water after each meal.

We dropped our things at a beach cabana and arrived at Trapiche just after it opened. I had some fresh fruit then my usual 2 scrambled eggs and a pancake with syrup. Not to mention a couple of coffees with milk.

For lunch, we returned at 12:30 just after they opened.

I had coconut rice, some pimento olives, a piece of chicken, a slice of baked plantain, and 2 prunes for my digestive system.

We shared a cup of vanilla ice cream with a banana muffin mixed in.

I left the beach about 2:30 and returned to our room catching the cleaning lady, Kenya, working next door. I got 2 large bottles of water from her and a few more tubes of shower gel.

I returned to the beach and moved to the other side of our cabana to be completely in the shade. Teresa tried to get me to return to the buffet to bring back ice cream and another muffin but I declined. I finished reading Lee Child’s The Midnight Line. It’s a Jack Reacher book and I think I’ll be reading more of them. Now on to another Kindle book.

 It was funny to watch Teresa move from lounge chair to lounge chair chasing the sun. We finally left at 6:15 and returned to our room.

We have an 8pm reservation at La Hacienda so we have a lot of time especially since it’s so close by.

The hotel property is large but there is a tram that goes counter clockwise every 10 minutes or so along a cobblestone footpath on the outer edge of the property. There are other cobblestone footpaths to the interior buildings but they are used only (besides pedestrians) by the special tram that delivers luggage. We always get internet in the lobby area and restaurants and sometimes, if I’m lucky, nearby.

There are lots of peacocks and ducks that live on the property that seem to have the run of the place.

La Hacienda was only a 5-minute walk away so I’m pretty sure we were there on time but there was a 10-mintue wait for a table.



I ordered the meat enchiladas and Teresa the fish tacos. They brought us some interesting nachos that reminded me of Cheezits. I don’t think it was more than 5 minutes before our food arrived. My chicken enchiladas:



For dessert Teresa ordered the tres leches and I the ice cream. The food was okay but not very substantial.

After we went outside our usual buffet where there was a 70s & 80s party going on although I’m pretty sure the music was from other decades also.



We stayed there about an hour then Teresa wanted to checkout the disco. We took the tram to the lobby and outside found a minivan ready to leave for the disco. Teresa talked to the driver and it sounded like we might need a reservation then I heard that they don’t open until 11:30 so we just returned to our room and went to bed at 11pm.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment