Thursday, April 25, 2024

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Sadly, this is our last full day here in Punta Cana but Teresa has a nice tan and I have a little tan myself.

Last night we went to bed at 10:45, took me a while to fall asleep, got up twice during the night, and was finally awakened by Teresa leaving at 6:20.

I got up right away and got ready for the day and met her for breakfast in Elcano at 7am.

I had some pineapple slices, a banana, a bowl of corn flakes and 3 scrambled eggs with 2 small cups of coffee.

We chose our spots on the beach but soon had to move because of the changing position of the sun. (I know, I know, it’s due to the rotation of the earth.)

About 11:15 I saw dark clouds coming in from the north so I recommended we leave. Teresa wanted to wait until she felt raindrops but I packed up and left and she followed me. My key card didn’t work but thankfully hers did. She moved to our back patio and told me she would be out on the recliner. I told her to let me know when she felt raindrops so I could come out and retrieve the towels drying on the rack. She laughed but not a minute later a downpour started and I grabbled the towels and got them in before they got too wet.

The rain stopped about an hour later but now it’s almost time for lunch. I made a quick trip to the VIP Reception desk where I got a new key card made.

We had lunch in the large buffet restaurant, El Matador. I had a bowl of beef vegetable soup that Teresa recommended then pasta with ground beef and tomatoes stuffed with ground beef. For dessert I had a little rice pudding and strawberry and cake ice cream.

Teresa returned to our outside patio while I went to the lobby where I had a café con leche. I heard a taxi guy looking for his customer so I asked how much for a ride to the airport and he replied, $40.

 I finished the paperback, Triple Cross by James Patterson and returned it to the VIP Reception area.

When I returned to the room Teresa wasn’t there but I found her on the beach close to the restaurant. She said she’s waiting for the salesman to return with bracelets she believed would be less expensive than the beach store.

I told her to let me know when the guy arrives as I’ll go get cash from the safe and then wait on the patio outside the restaurant. I ordered a piña colada at the bar and while waiting I saw an old guy try to use the narrow submerged walkway from one side of the pool to the other but he fell in holding his dry clothes. I’m just glad it wasn’t deep and I didn’t have to save him. I took a seat (the furniture here is all rattan) and immediately realized the pads were missing.

One of three ladies sitting nearby came over and asked if I was all right and we chatted for a while. They are three sisters from Toronto and one has a time share so they come here every year. Sadly, the same sister has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.

I decided I’d better see what Teresa is up to. I went to her spot and she was gone. I checked our room but she wasn’t there. I decided to go to the beach store but on the way found her in the VIP area. We walked to the beach store where she bought 4 more “coconut shell” purses for family for $35.

ONEIPAMETATO1453 resigned our game on the 23rd move. On my 17th move I had an advantage of 0.81 (almost one pawn) but there was one move that would increase my advantage to 4.28 (more than a piece) and I can’t believe I found it. The computer said my play was “flawless” and my rating increased 5 points to 1580. 😊

Troyclough had a sure win but missed the move and now I can fight for a possible draw.

Teresa has already started packing although I could be packed in 5 minutes if I didn’t have to worry about separating clean clothes from dirty or her adding her stuff (purses) to my suitcase.

I ended up losing to Troyclough lowering my rating to 1570.

About the Punta Cana “dress code”. You can wear almost anything you want for breakfast and lunch although a shirt (sleeveless is okay) is required. For supper you need a shirt with sleeves. As far as footwears, sandals and even flip flops are acceptable.

All the food here in VIP Cayena Beach (buffets and special restaurants) is noticeably better quality than the Grand Bavaro Princess. But their “shows” leave much to be desired although I can’t compare it to our first hotel because we never stayed around until 9:30pm to see one.

We had supper in the buffet restaurant, El Matador.

We stopped at the theater but left about 10am and returned to our room,

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment