Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Last night we went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Well, we’re both sleeping good.

We walked directly to the towel booth but it was closed and the sign said it wouldn’t open until 8am. We went to the buffet and it was closed but the sign said it was open at 7am. We waited a few minutes and were one of the first ones in.

I took a single small pancake, a square of waffle and half a slice of French toast. Their scrambled eggs looked runny so I waited 5 minutes for 2 freshly scrambled. With a couple cups of coffee I was good to go.

We stopped at the towel booth and picked up a couple of their blue towels. We found a cabana with a broken table but otherwise serviceable.

Teresa went in and out of the sun while I stayed in the shade.

No internet today, maybe someone changed the direction or power of the signal?

Women come around selling massages and guys come around selling boat tours, hats, dresses, sunglasses, etc. Teresa bought a pair of reflexive sunglasses that cost me $20 US.

For lunch I had some rice with gravy, a small rack of ribs and the usual 2 prunes. I have to be more careful, already feeling a little fat.

Teresa told me she wants to go for coffee again. 😊

I left at 3pm and returned to our room to work on the blog for an hour.

I questioned Teresa about a diaper I saw in her suitcase. I understand her sister Vickie scared her with a story where she had diarrhea when visiting Punta Cana. We never drank out of the tap, just bottled water, but it’s possible the water they served us in restaurants could be from the tap. Who knows? At least we had no digestive problems on our trip.

Even though I’m avoiding the sun it can’t be avoided completely with our comings and goings and I’m sure I’ll have a nice tan when I return to Medellin. But now I need to work on tanning my hidden area, my chest and back.

I returned to the beach and we left our towels and my book to mark our territory and we took the tram to Café Capaccino




where we had lattes and Teresa went and picked out a couple of small donuts. Then it was my turn and I returned with a horseshoe cookie and a coconut macaroon.  She liked the latter so much she went back and brought a couple more and I ordered another latte and she a cold frappe.

At first she wanted to go the ecological area but then changed her mind, too dangerous for some reason, so we just returned by tram to the beach area.

She caught the last of the sun for the day and we left at 6:25 and walked back to our room.

Walking past the pool they had it closed off with yellow “crime scene” tape. Teresa asked what’s going on and she told me someone vomited in the pool so I guess they have to empty and refill it. I’m thinking the people that hang out at the pool are probably going to be heading somewhere else so the beach might become more crowded.

I finally figured out we should be able to catch the tram in front of our building.

We each took showers and put on clean clothes and took the tram to the lobby area.

We had supper in their buffet. I finally figured out the 2nd line of the food descriptions (that are hard to read anyway) are in English. 😊

We walked around the area and ducked into the sports bar where a hockey game and soccer game we’re being televised. Food options were the usual nachos, burgers, hotdogs, and fries.

Teresa found a table where 2 men were selling jewelry, Larimal, if I remember the name correctly, is a stone only found in the Dominican Republic. The guy offered it for $135 then dropped it to $110. Teresa ended up buying 2 fake turquoise bracelets, one for her the other for her mom, for €25.

She talked to a man and it appears there are stores a long block away but she didn’t want us to go at night so maybe tomorrow.

Troyclough resigned our game increasing my rating to 1563.

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment