Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Friday, April 12, 2024

Last night we went to bed at 10pm, I got up once at 1:15, again at 4:30, finally waking/getting up at 5:30am.

Teresa got up at 6am.

Today we positioned our towels on our chosen chairs and then went to the buffet restaurant Trapiche for breakfast.

We then camped out on recliners under a cabana closer to the sea and the restaurant.

For lunch Teresa had the buffet and I got the cheeseburger with fries from the Princess Truck and we met in the restaurant. My burger was very cheap meat and I don’t think it was even cooked completely.



Teresa went back for seconds on her fish.

She wanted to walk a bit but we didn’t get very far. We sat down at a covered walkway and a gardener asked if she’d like a coconut. He cut one up in front of us but this one had water inside but no flesh to eat. Maybe a different species?



Back at our cabana I tried to stay out of the sun.



We could see parasailing in the sea.

Teresa asked me to go for ice cream. I went inside the buffet and got two cups and filled one halfway with vanilla for her and the other with rum raison with a slice of cake for me.

About 4:45 it started raining, not hard but consistent enough that we quickly packed up and returned (by then the rain had stopped) to our room.

Today I got burned on the top of my feet.

Outside we quickly caught a tram to the hotel lobby where we had supper.





I started with a large salad and my next course was pasta Bolognese and a pork chop. A guy came around and made us dessert with a brownie, strawberries and a chocolate sauce.



It was pouring when we left the restaurant.

We stopped at Guest Services and got 8pm dinner reservations for La Hacienda (Mexican) tomorrow and El Gaucho (Argentinian Steakhouse) on Sunday.



I insisted we stop in the Sports Bar, Rebels. They have a couple large TV screens that had soccer games on. I checked out the menu and it’s typical pub food – hamburgers, hotdogs, fries.

Teresa checked out some Michael Kors sunglasses that I declined paying $160 (discounted from $216) for. She has 2 pairs in our room already.

The rain had stopped and we caught the next tram back to our room.

As usual, we were in bed by 10pm.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment