Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Last night we went to bed at 10pm, I got up at 5:15, couldn’t fall back asleep so I stayed up.

I found the map of our resort on the internet and thankfully it’s one I can read.

Teresa finally got up and we left at 7am for breakfast in El Mirador again.

Teresa broke her $20 pair of sunglasses; I’m guessing they weren’t very good quality.

On the way back to our room I noticed another restaurant we’ll have to try. (I checked the map and it’s the Italian restaurant Trattoria next to the ala carte restaurant Estrella del Mar. The other buffet restaurant (VIP) for breakfast and lunch is Elcano.)



At the beach Teresa put SPF cream on my back and I on my chest and I clocked 40 minutes on my stomach in the sun. In the meantime, Teresa went for another walk, this time counter clockwise. I turned over and did a half hour on my back and by then Teresa had returned. She had a hamburger patty and a few French fries with her. I tried the burger and it was much better than Princess’. I asked her where she got them and she didn’t know. After further questioning it appeared she got it from our buffet restaurant.

I left about 1pm and I took a shower then returned to collect Teresa. We had lunch in El Mirador again but they had no burgers and fries. (I think she got them from the snack bar, Bucanero. Tomorrow!) I had beef with rice, half a beef burrito and a few beans and ice cream for dessert.

She wanted to check out the stores in the Mini Market and they were either the typical touristy shite or clothes that were too expensive. I noticed an internet center that’s closed; probably because Wi-Fi is so prevalent now. Also what looked like 3 telephone stations that were now vacant.

She returned to the beach and I made a trip to the room to exchange a few things.

I stopped at the reception center and picked up a paperback book, Triple Cross by James Patterson. I figured if I read 80 pages a day I should be finished before we leave. Back at the beach I sat down and almost read the first page of the book when it started raining lightly. Teresa wanted to leave but I resisted as I was sure it would end soon – couldn’t see any dark clouds from where I was sitting. Finally, she coaxed me into leaving but as we walked back to the room the rain had stopped. She wanted to turn around but I wasn’t going to be playing ping pong so I refused.

Teresa took a nap. I’ve noticed my eyes don’t seem tired here on the island which may confirm my suspicion that it’s Medellin’s pollution that bothers them.

After working on my blog awhile I laid down for a nap and 5 minutes later she tells me she wants to return to the beach. I told her to go without me which she did but 5 minutes later I got up and returned to the beach. It was very blustery and 5 minutes after I sat down she tells me she wants to go to the restaurant for coffee. I asked her why she thinks the restaurant is open now. I led her to the snack bar next to Bucanero and she confirmed this is where she got her burger and fries earlier. She had another burger patty and I dressed a burger and fries for me. In Bucanero we took seats out of the wind and I got a Coke with ice.

We returned to the room and I confirmed El Mirador opens at 6:30.

There is no rain at the moment but it is very breezy outside.

For supper tonight I put on a t-shirt with sleeves, shorts, and shoes and socks.

We left at 6:30 with umbrella up and battled wind and a light rain to the buffet restaurant. As usual I let Teresa go first while I saved the table. She came back with a bowl of soup and I asked her if it was vegetable and she replied, “yes”. I looked at their soups and they had fish soup and the other was “3 steaks” which appeared to be vegetable if you didn’t dig too deep. 😊 I found a muchacho carving up turkey. There were 3 other full turkeys yet to be cut up so I took some pieces of turkey breast but unfortunately they didn’t have turkey gravy but an orange sauce. We took our time but eventually we had to leave. Teresa wanted to walk a little so we headed to the theater where they were showing TV bloopers and we sat and watched the stupid stunts for a while.

Here's hoping the weather is better tomorrow.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment