Saturday, April 27, 2024

Friday, April 26, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once (twice?) during the night, final waking/getting up at 6:15.

We finished the arepas de chocolo so now I have to remember to buy bagels.

I put a peanut on the balcony railing but I don’t expect it will be taken.

Introducing the new members of the Chicago Bears, #1 pick Caleb Williams and #9 pick Rome Odunze:



Before Teresa left at 8am for her gym class I informed her I would be stopping at Mercado Madrid for more bananas. She asked me to pick up jabon de coco in Ara. She also asked me to ask Marcos if he could bring her the almond bar we bought at the chocolate store across from Prado museum.

I met Marcos outside Tostao at 9:30. We each had a small café con leche and I told him about our vacation and now he wants to go there. We talked a little about the NFL draft and politics. He and Johanna leave for Madrid next Tuesday and said he would be happy to buy a couple almond bars if I can tell him exactly what they are.

He left about 10am and I moved to café Peccato for another latte while I completed my Aimchess tactics for the day.





I left at 10:45 and walked to Ara where I bought 2 bars of jabon de coco and a few bananas. When I returned to the apt she informed me she wanted liquid not bars. Then she needed to tell me that.

I couldn’t find a photo of the almond bar but it’s called Turrón de Guirlache Almendras (Almond Guirlache Nougat) and it’s in the store Vicens across from Prado museum.

Teresa informed me she has a massage appointment with Kelley at 2pm.

It took several attempts but I managed to download the newest (open source) chess engine, Stockfish 16.1, to use in ChessBase 16. (I downloaded more than one copy but I think the main copy ChessBase is accessing is located at c:/users/terry/stockfish-windows-x86-64-avx2.exe)

About 12:50 a downpour started and I understand Kelley won’t be coming after all.

The rain stopped and I left the apt at 2pm and walked to Eduardo Madrid. I read some sports articles on my cellphone and studied my opening with White vs Jose. Teresa called and asked me to pick up coconut gelato. I paid for my latte and a sleeve of 6 fresh sesame seed bagels and bought a half liter of coconut gelato before returning to the apt.

I requested to transfer my current balance of $310.42 from Citibank to USAA. Once I know that has successfully completed, I’ll cancel my Citibank account and destroy my debit card.

An interesting optical illusion:



Squint and see the picture change.

I ate more peanuts and switched back and forth from CNN, MSNBC, and NFL Network. With the 75th pick the Chicago Bears selected offensive tackle Kiran Amegadjie from Yale.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



 

No comments:

Post a Comment