Monday, April 29, 2024

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, final waking/getting up at 6:15.

Troyclough and I went into a rook and pawn endgame where I was up a pawn and I managed to turn it into a queen on my 48th move and he resigned increasing my rating to 1574.

I left the apt at 8:30 and found Glenn with Bianca waiting for me when I arrived at Olivenza in Sao Paolo plaza just before 9am.

He has problems with 1. bats flying in his apt, 2. not being able to make an appointment with his cardiologist, and 3. His Bancolombia credit card not working right.

I asked if he’s still walking to Santafe mall’s Starbucks for coffee in the morning. He said he does it every day except Sunday when he has breakfast with me.

I asked if he tried taking the Calendula capsules and he said he has them but his back has been better and he’s taking so many other medications he doesn’t want to take the chance of upsetting his stomach.

I asked if he’s ever heard of Stuff Your Kindle Day on Amazon. He said he’s never heard of it so I googled it and found out it was yesterday.

My breakfast, Desayuno Americano:


Too much food.

I left about 11am and walked back to the apt in a light drizzle.

I Whatsapped Teresa I will be going to the 1pm showing of Civil War (7.6). she said, “go ahead” because she’s still busy getting her eyelashes done.

I left the apt at 12:15 and took a Didi to the mall. I recycled a few plastic bottles then bought a preferred ticket for 8,000 pesos. I had a short wait then got in line at the concession counter 12 minutes before showtime. I chose the wrong line because the only person in front of me bought at least 4 large popcorns and 5 hotdogs, etc. and it was obvious they got her order wrong and had to redo it. I bought a large soda and got a free Platinum popcorn and still arrived at my seat in time but the coming attractions were over 20 minutes long. The movie was sad but good. Thanks to my Runpee app I made a trip to the restroom at about the 50-minute mark and didn’t miss anything important.

After the movie I went to Linea Estetica and bought another bottle of my shower gel, Bioderma Atoderm at a 25% discount for 141,676 pesos ($36). I’m not completely out yet but It’s getting near the bottom. As long as I was there I inquired as to the cost for my container of Cetaphil Urea 20% and she said 105,l00 pesos which is almost exactly what I paid (108mil) in Medipiel.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

I watched 60 Minutes in the evening and some more about the NFL Draft results.

I received an email from Smartfit officially notifying me that our gym membership is now 99,900 pesos a month.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment