Sunday, April 28, 2024

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2:30, final waking/getting up at 6:30.

I called Citibank and requested to close my account. Even though I see the $310.42 balance in USAA, they say it will take 1-2 days for it to clear Citibank and then they will close my account. I then cut up my debit card.

After breakfast I returned to bed and slept until 9am.

With the 122nd pick in the NFL Draft, the Chicago Bears selected Tory Taylor, punter from Iowa.

Teresa and I left the apt at 11am and took a Didi to the Poblado Pricesmart for 9,800 pesos. We bought 938,892 pesos ($237) of groceries and renewed our annual membership but they didn’t have turkey breast, Bisquick, Saran Wrap, Heinz vinegar or strawberry preserves. (Wonder if they have these items at the Laureles location.) We returned to the apt by taxi for 13,200 pesos.

The Bears traded their 2025 4th round pick to the Buffalo Bills for their #114 pick and selected Austin Booker, Edge from Kansas.

I left the apt at 2:30 and walked to Parva where I had a cafe con leche with a pastel de guayaba. It soon was pouring rain and I was concerned it might not stop because The Weather Channel had predicted rain for the entire afternoon. I was feeding crumbs to a pigeon on the floor at my feet. A muchacho working there chased it out once but it soon was back. Just before 5pm the rain seemed to lessen and I checked Accuweather and it predicted the rain would stop in 11 minutes

so I made a quick trip to the restroom then left. I still needed the umbrella because of drops falling off trees. I stopped at the mini market but strangely they had no milk and their fridges were stocked with soda. I asked the guy working there if there was a new owner and I understood “no” but nothing after that. I stopped in Ara and bought 2 bags of milk (no line) before returning to the apt.

I turned on the Washington Correspondence dinner at 7pm but by 8:45pm the jokes hadn’t started so I turned it off to start my pre-sleep routine.

It was about 9pm when I looked out our bedroom window and saw a very active bat 1-2 stories below me. It flew into a couple trees and twice knocked down whatever fruit grows on it, about the size of an orange but the color of a lemon.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment