Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Last night we went to bed at 10pm, I got up at 4am, took quite a while to fall back asleep, ultimately awakened by Teresa just after 7am.

Finally, a beautiful day.

Today we had breakfast in Elcano, a much smaller restaurant (next to the pool for VIPs only) but they still had fruit, toast, cereal and eggs made to order.

Teresa told me we were going to go for a walk on the beach so I prepared by putting on SPF cream but when I returned to the pool she changed her mind and we spent more time on the beach in the VIP section. At one point I made a trip to the restroom and when I came out I saw a cangrejo (crab) at the entrance to the women’s restroom. It was pink and about 6” long and stared at me as I stared at it. I made a move forward and it skittered sideways behind a waste basket.

We had lunch back in El Mirador. We’ve seen a few cats around and one sat outside while Teresa tossed food to it.

Back to the beach.



Looking down at the breakwall:




About 4pm Teresa wanted something to eat. We went to the snack bar and I got a slice of pizza with a few fries and a Coke and she surprised me by getting a hotdog (no bun) and a Coke Zero. She didn’t want to try my pizza because of the “fat” but I commented she’ll eat a hotdog. She gestured that she wasn’t finishing it but in the end she did because it was “delicious”.

We went for a walk on the beach but a couple hundred yards away we found some shops. (I’m betting she knew they were there.) after checking out 3 side by side shops she found a purse decorated on the outside by different colors of coconut. The salesman said it was only $10 but I had no cash with me. He offered to go with us back to our room so I could get the cash but I declined. He said we could take the purse with us if we returned tonight with the cash but I declined again.

Today I got to page 94 in the new paperback. I figure if I don’t finish before we leave I’ll just take it with me and leave behind the one I just finished.

Somehow, I got a little burned on my chest; I don’t know when and where that happened. The rest of me, other than my back, is well on the way to being tanned.

We had supper in the main buffet restaurant again, El Mirador. I had a salad, pasta Bolognese, a dab of potato salad, frijoles with rice, and a huge coconut macaroon with a large cup of vanilla ice cream.

We stopped at the Trattoria restaurant and learned that tonight is Mexican, tomorrow is International which means Friday will be Italian. Across the hall was Estrella del Mar which was closed but I didn’t understand if it was permanently closed or it would be open on Sunday.

We stopped at Elcano where Teresa had a drink while I went upstairs and checked out the pool table.

Teresa had me set an alarm for tomorrow at 6am so we can have breakfast early then hit the beach early.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



 

1 comment:

  1. Terry, thanks for posting so many pictures and videos.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete