Thursday, April 25, 2024

Saturday, April 20, 2024

Last night we went to bed at 10pm, I fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:30 and was awakened by Teresa leaving at 6:15. I got up and got dressed and we met at Elcano shortly after their 7am opening. I had a few slices of pineapple (I love it and don’t know why I waited so long to have it), a bowl of corn flakes, a couple scrambled eggs and the usual 2 cups of coffee. This is Teresa’s breakfast sandwich:



We found places on the VIP beach area, mainly sun for her and as much shade as I could find for me.

At 12:30 we returned to Elcano where we ordered off the menu and I had chicken fajitas and a couple Cokes.





I thought this photo was special. It’s not a painting, but the view of the beach and sea from one of the restaurant windows.



Back on the beach we both moved around following (or not) the sun. I’m on page 300 (of 400 pages) in my book. I left about 4pm and returned to the room. I still got burned on my chest.  I showered and worked on my blog notes until Teresa returned just before 6pm.

I completed online check-in for our 12:55pm Monday flight back to Medellin, choosing the same aisle seats as before - 16C & 16D.

We got dressed up again and returned to Trattoria, this time for Mexican food. Teresa had fresh fruit and ordered a beef taco but didn’t care for the latter. I had a few pieces of fresh fruit and chicken enchiladas that were pretty good. Teresa had a taste of mine then ordered them for herself.



She ate half of one of the two enchiladas. I had 3 small delicious churros for dessert.

We walked over to the theater; tonight’s show was billed as Dominican Folklore.




Their show always starts out the same way with this Dominican dance:



Teresa dancing with one of the professional dancers:



We watched only a few minutes of the show then returned to our apt for the night.

 

EL ARROYO SIGNS



No comments:

Post a Comment