Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Monday, April 11th, 2016



17 days and counting!

We left the finca with Laura at 8:10 and I gave the black dog a dog biscuit.  At the highway they were tearing up a portion of our side of the road with a backhoe.  After a 20 minute wait Laura was on a bus to Medellin and we were on a bus to Caldas.

In Caldas we walked to the building where we pick up the quarterly real estate tax bill and Teresa talked to someone working there.  I understand everything is okay.  

We ran into her brother James and he joined us for breakfast at Aymará.  I had my usual strawberry waffle and coffee, James had a couple chicken stuffed pastries and coffee, and Teresa had scrambled eggs, an arepa with cheese and hot chocolate for a total of 22,300 pesos (imagine; breakfast for 3 in a restaurant for less than $8).

We walked to Merkepaisa where we loaded a cart with groceries.  This time I paid with my debit card; I’m using it more instead of cash to limit my withdrawals each month.

Martha’s office called that my papers are ready.  We’ll pick them up tomorrow.

Walter picked us up and we stopped at a pet shop where we picked up a bag of dog food for 51mil.

When we got to the sideroad we realized we forgot we can’t just turn into it because there is a barrier separating the real northbound and southbound lanes.  Walter turned the car around, drove back to the bridge where he found a spot to crossover to the northbound lanes.  We got up the hill without any problem but as we were carrying everything down to the finca it started raining lightly.  It stopped a couple minutes later.

I used Slingbox to watch the White Sox vs Twins baseball game starting with the 2nd inning.  I didn’t have any trouble until the Service Alert message came up again blocking the middle of the screen.

I watched a couple more episodes of season 4 of House of Cards.

While waiting for Teresa to clean the kitchen and take her shower I watched The Book of Eli (6.9) on TV.

T-shirt of the day: Lord, give me COFFEE to change the things I can change and WINE to accept the things I can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment