Monday, April 18, 2016

Sunday, April 17th, 2016



11 days and counting!

The alarm went off at 7:30 and Teresa begged for more sleep.  How unusual is that?  After my usual trip to the bathroom I looked outside and saw a lot of fog coming off the top of the mountains so I went back to bed.  Teresa got up about 8:30, looked outside and declared that today was too cold and came back to bed.

We got up about 9:30.  Teresa made French toast for the two of us.  Today I think we’re going to Mayorca mall to look for some pajamas for me.
We left the finca at 12:50pm and I gave the black dog 2 dog biscuits.  We had to wait 10 minutes for a van to pick us up but it was new and had A/C that you could control like on a commercial airliner.

We got off at Mayorca mall and looked around awhile and finally found a pair of pajamas for me, size Large, at GEF for 74,800 pesos (about $25).  The food court was packed once again so we went upstairs and had lunch again at Il Forno.  

We arrived earlier than last time (about 1:30pm) and had to wait in line for about 10 minutes.  We started by sharing their minestrone soup which was just as good as our last time here.  She ordered their fish (verona) and pasta combination, which included a salad, and a mango juice.  I ordered the lasagna bolognesa which came with a couple small rolls and an iced tea.  There was so much food we decided to skip dessert.  All of the food was very tasty and the total check came to 61,399 (about $20.50) which included tax and tip.

We window shopped a bit more and finally stepped outside where we each had a small bottle of cold water and waited for the sun to go down further.  Finally we took a taxi to the other side of the highway where, after about a 20 minute wait, we caught a bus back to the finca.  Traffic was heavy (probably people returning to Medellin from their fincas) and it took a couple minutes before the northbound lane cleared so we could cross the street.  I gave the black dog 2 dog biscuits to get past Guillermo’s house.  The other black dog came out a little late as I no longer had any dog biscuits left.  We got back to the finca just before dark – about 6:30 – and I put Peluche and Luna in the dog house.

After taking a shower I tried on the pajamas.  While I thought the top fitted nicely Teresa thought it should be larger.  The bottoms were too long but more importantly they felt tight in the thighs.  I understand we’re taking them back.

We started watching The Motel Life (6.0).

T-shirt of the day: Did you know that 2 or 3 glasses of wine per day can reduce your risk of giving a shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment