Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Tuesday, April 5th, 2016



23 days and counting!

I slept well, getting up once about 6:30am, finally falling back asleep and waking/getting up at 8:45am.

My debit card expires at the end of May so I called USAA and they confirmed the new one was sent out yesterday.  I understand the new card will come with a chip.  I just hope it works here without any problems.  I also understand the new card is inserted into the reader instead of scanned.  I’ve seen salesmen here try to insert my old card so I guess at least some of them have the new readers.

A lot more wasps have shown up lately.  It appears they’ve built their nest(s) under the roof shingles or perhaps along the gutter next to the shingles.

My tax accountant (Vicky) sent me a list of my 1099s but one was missing so I sent it to her as an email attachment.

Did I mention that the mortgage company said they only require 2 of the 6 notarized documents to be apostilled?  We talked to English speaking Marta in Martha’s office and she told me that if we give Bogota 6 notarized documents than all 6 need to be apostilled.  She agreed with me that if I give them only 2 of my 6 notarized documents than they can only apostille 2.  We plan to go there tomorrow and the apostilled documents should be back by this time next week.

I received my completed 1040 from my tax accountant so I copied it to my flashdrive to print later.

I finished Carl Sagan’s 367 page Cosmos and downloaded Nelson DeMille’s 671 page The Lion’s Game.

We lost our electricity at 2:15.  I turned everything off and suggested we take a nap.  Once in bed Teresa told me she had to get up in a few minutes to wash clothes.  I asked her if she needed electricity to wash the clothes and she responded yes.  I told her to relax, that I’d turn on the light switch so we would know when the electricity comes back on.  I flipped the switch and the light came on.  We both had a good laugh over that.
From 3pm thru 4:30 it rained on and off.

We watched Addicted (5.1), Carnal Innocence (5.4) and Fire with Fire.  Wow!  It’s hard enough to find one good movie that Teresa likes let alone 3 in a row.

T-shirt of the day: Live simply so others can simply live.

No comments:

Post a Comment