Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Monday, April 4th, 2016



24 days and counting!

Last night we didn’t get to bed until about 12:15 but slept well.  I only got up once about 7am finally waking/getting up at 8:45.

Teresa is drying laundry out back (we haven’t had many sunny days lately) so we’re going to wait a bit before leaving for Envigado.

We left the finca at 12:15 and walking up the path we found Tony was following us.  Teresa yelled at him but he kept coming.  He passed us until the black dog chased him back towards the finca.  (He can’t move as fast as he used to because he’s gotten a little fat.  First, because he was fixed, secondly because he is fed first (or he fights the other dogs for their food) and he has to finish last (or he’ll try to take the food of other dogs) so he gets more food than the others.)  We retraced our steps back to the finca where I covered him with a blanket so he couldn’t bite me and put him in the doghouse.  

The black dogs were begging for dog biscuits but I didn’t have any left to give them.  Today was a partially overcast day.  We only had to wait a couple minutes for a bus.  We stopped at Home Center where I withdrew some cash.  Walking past Exito I realized I had forgotten there is a Citibank ATM outside.  We walked a block to La Bahia where we ordered the special of the day: meat (chicken, pork or beef), rice, salad, potato (today fries) and juice for 10,000 pesos.  Laura joined us about 20 minutes later but all she had was a bowl of soup and juice.  The total came to 23,000 (less than $8).
Outside Exito I paid the Une (internet) bill of 64,900 and the Epm (electric) bill of 123,148.

We walked over to Home Center where I picked up a box of dog biscuits and a 500ml bottle of parafina liquida (liquid parafin aka lamp oil).  Teresa picked up a 4 kg bag of dog food, a tube of epoxy cement and 4 boxes of plant fertilizer.  I went to the restroom and when I came back she was talking to a couple I hadn’t seen before.  I understood her name was Patricia, he was born in Milan, Italy, and they live in Guatape.   I think they exchanged phone numbers.

We took a taxi to the highway and caught a bus back to the finca right away.  While walking up the sideroad Mario came by in his SUV and gave us a lift to the top of the hill.

I gave each of the black dogs a dog biscuit and we were back at the finca by 5pm.

I received an email from the Cook County Clerk that they received my absentee ballot application and they will send me a real ballot in time for the November election.

We made popcorn and started watching Hit & Run (aka Accidental Obsession; 5.2).

I received an email from my son that he finally received the birthday present I sent him – a t-shirt from the University de Antioquia.  It was only 2 months late!

She didn’t like the movie so we switched to Addicted (5.1).

From 11pm to midnight we finished season 1 of Fargo.  

T-shirt of the day: Random shirt for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment